Inside PM routine

Drummerboy91

Hi, I am a new driver... It's been a little over a week being out on my own and one thing I want clarification on is exactly what happens with each type of package at the end of the day when we return. I understand most of it, but I still just want to make sure I know what I am doing with each return package. Thank you

T

Turdferguson

Hi. Welcome to BC. Don't use your real name on here. And if you have a specific
question regarding a package you will get more useful answers.

Cementups

Box Monkey

we used to be instructed that second day airs were also to be pulled off. Then a little later they said just NDA. Then I had a ride along and the super asked me why I wasn't pulling off 2DA as well. I said we didn't have to any more and he said he had not heard that. So now, if I can, I will. If not, too bad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we used to be instructed that second day airs were also to be pulled off. Then a little later they said just NDA. Then I had a ride along and the super asked me why I wasn't pulling off 2DA as well. I said we didn't have to any more and he said he had not heard that. So now, if I can, I will. If not, too bad.

We have just about the same time in and I have never been instructed to pull off anything but NDA's, Internationals and clerk packages.

BrownDog5117

Get back to the building, pull off all NDA's, Internationals, Hi Values, and Haz Mats, and unload everything else if you have less than 25 pieces. If you have more than 25, the Local Sort will unload it.

That's how we do it here.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have just about the same time in and I have never been instructed to pull off anything but NDA's, Internationals and clerk packages.

It's no big deal for me really so I don't mind doing. Especially if you have your customers trained to separate them from your ground pieces. With my current route I could fill a tote with the amount of air and internationals I get. So I open the swing doors of my P7 and kick it on the belt and I'm done with it. lol.

Holydriver

Hi, I am a new driver... It's been a little over a week being out on my own and one thing I want clarification on is exactly what happens with each type of package at the end of the day when we return. I understand most of it, but I still just want to make sure I know what I am doing with each return package. Thank you
my understanding is this. if its a pick up, leave it on the truck. if its a send again, leave it on the truck. BUT if its a package thats NI3 or no such street/number or whatever, thats yours to keep. take that thing home and enjoy!