Insight on coworkers claiming harassment? On Topic

Gear

Parts on Order
At this point you should stop replying to posts and let the thread die. After a few days there will be a bunch a new threads before this one and most people will move on.

UPS is old school Teamsters.
Which is the way it should be every where but unfortunately it isn't.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Your def from a small center from how your explaining things, I will also assume you are in a small center that does not file much or abide by the contract.

Best of luck. I was "forced" to join th safety committee when I started. Talked to a few union guys who been around the block and realized it was total bs and not my style. Lasted for a cpl weeks before I just stoped doing the stuff I was asked.

I enjoy clocking in 1-5 min before start time, going to pcm, getting in my truck and leaving. Idk how any hourly would want to be more involved in this job than is necessary. For that join management
We are definitely a smaller center (21-23 routes average) and yes there is times where the contract gets ignored by both sides. I have filed my fair share of grievances in the past for supervisors working, and our BA never got back to me on any of them so I have no idea if they were ever settled or addressed? But other than supervisors working, I don't think too much gets filed.

I think there is a history of us being a weak local or something because drivers will come in and see their dispatch and freak out. I'll ask why they don't get on the 9-5 list and they jst say it won't solve anything. Even the guys who are on the 9-5 list don't even file for their triple pay if they are violated. I would be all over getting triple pay!

I wasn't forced per say, but I was definitely pushed toward the committee. Have never had any issues with it before until just last week when all this came up. If anything else happens like this I will remove myself from it, because I also like to come in, punch in, do the route, punch out, and go home.

Rack em

Made the Podium
At this point you should stop replying to posts and let the thread die. After a few days there will be a bunch a new threads before this one and most people will move on.

UPS is old school Teamsters.
Which is the way it should be every where but unfortunately it isn't.
Excellent advice, I will try to let this thing die!

Faceplanted

We are definitely a smaller center (21-23 routes average) and yes there is times where the contract gets ignored by both sides. I have filed my fair share of grievances in the past for supervisors working, and our BA never got back to me on any of them so I have no idea if they were ever settled or addressed? But other than supervisors working, I don't think too much gets filed.

I think there is a history of us being a weak local or something because drivers will come in and see their dispatch and freak out. I'll ask why they don't get on the 9-5 list and they jst say it won't solve anything. Even the guys who are on the 9-5 list don't even file for their triple pay if they are violated. I would be all over getting triple pay!

I wasn't forced per say, but I was definitely pushed toward the committee. Have never had any issues with it before until just last week when all this came up. If anything else happens like this I will remove myself from it, because I also like to come in, punch in, do the route, punch out, and go home.
You seem like a stand up guy. If u want to help your brothers I would highly recommend becoming a steward.

I would call your Ba directly and ask him what's going on. That's uncacceptable how you haven't heard back.

I heard and have seen that the 9-5 issue in my region has been taken care off. They paid out tons last year and don't want to do the same.

Good luck

*Jersey*

Are you management now?

No but I still found it annoying to be doing what I was supposed to do and have someone else holding up production then blaming messed up boxes on me. I didn't say anything to anyone else though, just the sorter. But he's notorious for being lame so I'm guessing he was just doing his job too.

jaker

trolling
I can't let it die yet because I just saw it and I read all 9 pages

I think the problem here is the way you handle the hazmat situation

by that I mean you told him and you should've walked away , but you didn't you wanted him to fix it right then a there and when he didn't you did what you did and told

Glad you see it different now , but seriously get off the safety group

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
This is already resolved and over with but I am still curious of the possible outcome that could have happened because I, in my mind, don't think I did anything wrong.

So am I a FT driver on the safety committee (please save your safety committee jokes) and this happened with a preloader who I've worked with for 3+ years and never had a problem with. So a few weeks back on I believe a Tuesday I was doing my daily check of the cars to look for over 70s that needed tape. So I come across this one car with a hazmat package loaded on top of 2 other boxes that looked like it was about to fall over. I told the preloader about it and that it should be properly loaded and all he does it take the hazmat and place it on the floor without loading it securely and bracing it and then starts walking away.

I can't tell at this point if he's just messing around but I told him he should know how to properly load a hazmat it needs to be loaded correctly. So all he does is walk to the car, pull down the rear door closing it, and walk away. So now I know he's probably in a bad mood so I just walk to the PT sup and let me know what happened (I have since realized this is not the proper thing to do and I won't do it again) and ask him to direct the preloader to do his job correctly for the safety of the driver.

The next day the preloader comes up to me and is asking why I had to "taddle tale" on him and I simply responded that if he did his job right to begin with then nothing would have ever happened. So obviously now he is bitter toward me and I can understand why. So Thursday I am again doing my job checking for over 70s and I see an over 70 oragmi cabinet box in the middle of a car which the preloader from before loaded. So I walk into the car and at the time the driver of the route was in the car. As soon as I walk in to tape the box, the preloader follows me in the car and just blurts out "move" and I tell him "I have to tape this box real quick" being how I entered the car before him I should be able to do one simple thing? He responds "Get the friend%$# out of my way, I'm stacked out" and this is all in front of the other driver.

So I kept my cool and scooted forward out of his way and talked to the driver for a few minutes because he was blocking me in while he was loading. During this time he was just grabbing boxes and throwing them on the shelves so I could tell he was upset. Finally he moved to a different car and I taped the over 70 and moved on down the belt.

I think nothing of it until the next day our steward says he needs to talk to me about this preloader but the preloader is saying I am harassing him! So I tell him my side of the story and he lets me know we will have to go in the center manager's office. So I tell the center manager the same story and he says the preloader tells the same story almost and admits to cursing at me and everything. So the center manager calls the preloader in the office and lays everything out and asks us to bury it then and there and not to let it escalate. He asks if I felt harassed and I replied "Not at all" then he asks the preloader the same question and he replies "I do not wish to file harassment charges anymore" and in my mind I'm thinking "No :censored2: you :censored2: because I didn't harass you, you are just being a cry sack"

So we shake hands and that was the end of it. So obviously I don't see how I did anything wrong except how I handled the whole hazmat situation, but I would like to get some outside perspective. Do you think I in any way was harassing this preloader? I don't take this kind of thing lightly so I want to make sure I am not displaying any signs of harassment unintentionally because I know it could

mjjlohn

My .02 if you were in a car I was loading or trying to load crying about one :censored2:ty hazmat its harassment

Get the :censored2: out of the trucks and just document you don't need to say anything to preloaded. Luckily I'm a driver and I'd just tell you to get the :censored2: out of my preloaded way

22.34life

So u snitched on another union member is this correct?ur lucky both of u weren't taken out of service for some trumped up charge by the company.