Insight on coworkers claiming harassment? On Topic

km3

Here they are moved around the building with ireg trains , and placed at tables close to the package car

At which point, they get placed into the middle cage of the boxline to be delivered to the loader. This practice has never seemed very safe to me, but a safety rep told me that as often as the issue gets brought up in safety meetings, any and all suggestions to do things differently get shot down by management every time.

Preloaders are crap, drivers complain.

Driver tries to fix a crappy loader, drivers call him a rat.

Everybody loves to say safety is ignored, but when someone makes an effort to make sure things are safe you guys jump on him. Unreal.
When I was in package, if you said your loader gave you a bad load he or she would have gave you a crappier one the next day... As a package car driver you just deal with the bad ones and hope it doesn't get worse and maybe get lucky and have a good one.. Besides when a loader is only making a 1/3 of what we are making... We shouldn't say Sheet and just deal with it...

Faceplanted

1. Your a snitch

2. You did harass the preloaded while messing with him 2 times in as many days.

3. Your not management. Do your job which is to drive a truck and deliver packages. Auding preload ect is not hourly work, especially to use another hourly name

clean hairy

Seems to me the safety comittee would be looking for issues to make sure the employees have safe work environment.
Approach management "Joe does is blown out and does not have safe egress, he should have help to fix the egress issue"
The space allowed for irregs coming out of the trailer needs to be increased, there are irregs falling on the floor creating safety hazards for the employees"
Management insturcts a safety comittee member to audit pph for an employee and thinks xx is a good number. Safety person finds the person is xx belkw what mangement wants.
"the employee is at xx pph, which for them is a safe pace, I see nothing wrong with the pph"
To find safety issues so the employyes can work safely.
Determing if employees are putting over 70 tape, or following proper methods is the not of management.
At least the way I see it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
1. Your a snitch

2. You did harass the preloaded while messing with him 2 times in as many days.

3. Your not management. Do your job which is to drive a truck and deliver packages. Auding preload ect is not hourly work, especially to use another hourly name
1. Unintentionally, yes
2. No, I believe you're wrong
3. I agree. I was told as a member of the chsp committee that I was to do certain things, but my steward has told what not to do in the future.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
2. You did harass the preloader while messing with him 2 times in as many days.
It's not your "job" to officially engage this employee, you "Clock Sucker"!!!!
It became official when you ratted him out.

You aren't the 'Preload Police', so save your observations for your monthly meetings and anonymous reports or forms .

You're almost there, keep searching, and learn your place.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's not your "job" to officially engage this employee, you "Clock Sucker"!!!!
It became official when you ratted him out.

You aren't the 'Preload Police', so save your observations for your monthly meetings and anonymous reports or forms .

You're almost there, keep searching, and learn your place.
No

BrownInTx

When I was in package, if you said your loader gave you a bad load he or she would have gave you a crappier one the next day... As a package car driver you just deal with the bad ones and hope it doesn't get worse and maybe get lucky and have a good one.. Besides when a loader is only making a 1/3 of what we are making... We shouldn't say Sheet and just deal with it...

Loading a car is not rocket science. You get paid to do a job. Employees should do their job correctly or be sent home.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Then I conclude that you came here with your mind made up, searching for what you wanted to hear.

I'd say PM @UpstateNYUPSer, but he doesn't accept PM's?
He lives in his own little word also.
I have admitted is numerous posts in the thread that I did the wrong thing and I can only say it so many times. You repeating the same thing over and over doesn't do anything. Had I known the proper way to handle the situation in the beginning I would have done things different for sure, but I can't change what has already happened.

Does the preloader have the right to be upset? Absolutely! But ONE incident initiated by me does not warrant the term harassment.

union4life

1. Unintentionally, yes
3. I agree. I was told as a member of the chsp committee that I was to do certain things, but my steward has told what not to do in the future.
Harassment - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Harassment
Harassment that can happen anywhere but is most common in the workplace and schools. It involves unwanted and unwelcome words, deeds, actions, gestures, symbols, or behaviours of a sexual nature that make the target feel uncomfortable. Gender and sexual orientation harassment fall into this family.

By some definitions, you were harassing this employee. Obviously, not your definition.

I don't know you but I will say you seem to be concerned with yours and your fellow employees' safety. With that being said, if you feel the need to directly address an issue with another person's performance of duties, do so with a Steward present (away from management) and from a standpoint of protecting said employee from discipline (which he/she should appreciate) as well as the health and safety of others.

Your role as a CHSP member should never single out an employee. Address the root of the problem. The 70+ packages are not being properly highlighted to raise awareness. Your concerns log should reflect this.

BrownInTx

I have admitted is numerous posts in the thread that I did the wrong thing and I can only say it so many times. You repeating the same thing over and over doesn't do anything. Had I known the proper way to handle the situation in the beginning I would have done things different for sure, but I can't change what has already happened.

Does the preloader have the right to be upset? Absolutely! But ONE incident initiated by me does not warrant the term harassment.

That's how the pre loader felt. Respect that. Learn from it and move on.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Harassment - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Harassment
Harassment that can happen anywhere but is most common in the workplace and schools. It involves unwanted and unwelcome words, deeds, actions, gestures, symbols, or behaviours of a sexual nature that make the target feel uncomfortable. Gender and sexual orientation harassment fall into this family.

By some definitions, you were harassing this employee. Obviously, not your definition.

I don't know you but I will say you seem to be concerned with yours and your fellow employees' safety. With that being said, if you feel the need to directly address an issue with another person's performance of duties, do so with a Steward present (away from management) and from a standpoint of protecting said employee from discipline (which he/she should appreciate) as well as the health and safety of others.

Your role as a CHSP member should never single out an employee. Address the root of the problem. The 70+ packages are not being properly highlighted to raise awareness. Your concerns log should reflect this.
Just to be clear, I never mentioned anything about the over 70 to anyone. Almost no one on preload uses the tape which is why they have us come in early to check for them. I tape 10+ a day but have never mentioned anything about them, I just tape them and move on to the next car.

Again, I know I did the wrong thing with the hazmat situation and I know how to handle the situation in the future.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have admitted is numerous posts in the thread that I did the wrong thing and I can only say it so many times. You repeating the same thing over and over doesn't do anything. Had I known the proper way to handle the situation in the beginning I would have done things different for sure, but I can't change what has already happened. Does the preloader have the right to be upset? Absolutely! But ONE incident initiated by me does not warrant the term harassment.
2. You did harass the preloader while messing with him 2 times in as many days.
You haven't admitted that you had no place engaging the preloader, aka harassing.

*Jersey*

You haven't admitted that you had no place engaging the preloader, aka harassing.

Pretty sure Clock said it was wrong to go to management but he didnt feel it was wrong to say the job was done incorrectly. I'm not sure if that's harassment....he didn't say he was constantly badgering him about it.

I told a sorter that was assigned to me that he needed to get off his phone and stop letting packages jam up and rip open.. I don't think that was harassment