Instead of quitting can I work less days a month?

The Range

In too deep
As long as you tow the company line and possess a mild ability to negotiate, you can work as little as one day a week. Now you can spend the rest of your week writing a book about working one day a week. Are you a self-described freethinker? This is what I've done and look at my vast success. I'm only telling you this wealth generating secret because this website attracts a small enough audience I am not concerned with competition.

source.gif

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As long as you tow the company line and have a mild ability to negotiate, you can work as little as one day a week. Now you can spend the rest of your week writing a book about working one day a week. This is what I've done and look at my vast success. Are you a self-described freethinker? I'm only telling you this wealth generating secret because this website attracts a small enough audience I am not concerned with competition.

source.gif
images-28.jpg

542thruNthru

I work pre load and due to some conflicts I am not going to be able to work 5 days a week.

Instead of quitting am I able to let them know I can only work a couple days a month? My buddy told me that for guys who have been there over a year with health insurance they are only required to work a few hours a month to keep their insurance.

Ive only worked at UPS for about 8 months.

If not, Ill just quit but figured I would try
landscape-1482341593-horrified-1.gif
latest.gif

opie

In my building there is this one elderly part timer who only works once a week. They always kept sending him home, he didn't mind. So now he works once a week just for the insurance.

Bob11B

Just tell the drivers of the trucks you load, they’ll look out for you and probably rotate loading for you off the clock.

kramer

don't listen to these people, they have nothing better to do than try and be funny online to strangers. so heres a real answer, you could probably get away with 3 or 2 days a week, most likely not 1. drivers do it all the time and work 1 day a week. you can do similar, because they hire so many people constantly that when you do hardly work theyll be covered. thats why you can get away with 2-3 days, its even better if you suck because they won't want you around to load trucks and won't want you to work

Daf

How about you just call your manager when your schedule allows you to work. They will be happy to keep you on payroll for just a couple days a month. I’m sure your coworkers would be happy to do the extra work for you all the other days.

Daf

don't listen to these people, they have nothing better to do than try and be funny online to strangers. so heres a real answer, you could probably get away with 3 or 2 days a week, most likely not 1. drivers do it all the time and work 1 day a week. you can do similar, because they hire so many people constantly that when you do hardly work theyll be covered. thats why you can get away with 2-3 days, its even better if you suck because they won't want you around to load trucks and won't want you to work
Until I get denied a day off because of this accommodation. Then we have a grievance.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup

You could defiantly get away with 0 days a week.

IESucks

I work pre load and due to some conflicts I am not going to be able to work 5 days a week.

Instead of quitting am I able to let them know I can only work a couple days a month? My buddy told me that for guys who have been there over a year with health insurance they are only required to work a few hours a month to keep their insurance.

Space8323

Are you serious?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
This response helps me.

While we're pedantic, that is not a complete sentence as it lacks an explicit subject.

I hope this helps.

Dang. Spending like 5 minutes dissecting this new post, looking for grammar errors.
Unfortunately, @The Range seems to have covered his bases fairly well, this time.
So help us, we'll teach him to use correct grammar on an anonymous online forum!