Instructed to open packages to remove broken vases if found on truck

XavierPA

Just thought some of you might find this amusing...

mothersdaydiad.jpg

clean hairy

Since when did the Company start issuing x-ray vision glasses and broken glass repair kits?
So, the Driver is to rip open the box, repair the glass with non existent glass repair kit, and reseal the box with no tape, therefore, just leave the flaps of the box open?

clean hairy

Would you want your Mom to open a box of flowers that may or may not have a broken vase?
Really?
My Mother who does not have the strength to brush her teeth or cut up her own food is going to be sent a box of flowers she has to try and arrange? Or, she has to impose on the staff to do it for her? Really?
Considering all my Mother did for me when I was growing up, the least I can do is make a trip to the Florist, pick out a nice arrangement, and have it delivered to her.
Heaven forbid I should ever be so busy I cannot take a small amount of time to do that for my Mother on her day!
(just my own way of showing my Mother some appreciation!)

iowa boy

Nope, sheet as missed, "poss dam" in remarks, and return it to the building. (Per our diad training). I was told to not open packages as it would get me fired. My job is more important to me than a broken vase with flowers in it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
What are they going to do next? Instruct drivers to sign for packages or better yet, forge the consignee's signature? Just sounds like bad practice.

barnyard

KTM rider
Record as ni1 and bring back to the center and give it to damage clerk.

All the flowers I had were shipper release. In my career, I have only brought back 1 shipper release package, that was a NSN. All the others were released, just as the shipper instructed us to do.