iPhone 4S

ymelord

At our center we were told the phones are coming nda. i figured they would be using air drivers for the most part.

Re-Raise

They are little tiny phones. Bring em on.

Now if Goodyear was sending out the new Wrangler tire tomorrow that would be a different story.

upsman68

I heard they are actually express and they will have relaxed end of day commit times. Our center manager said he expects all of us to be at work tomorrow and no call ins or else

Kis124

in our center the sups are the one with the sticky fingers lol they have to go thru security now. No special parking anymore

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The iPhones will be either NDA, NDA SVR or 2DA and will all have relaxed end of day commit times. Whether they are signature required or not will depend upon the carrier. Verizon and Apple will require an autograph while Sprint and AT&T will not. There will be an electronic release form available that customers can download and leave for us which will allow us to safely DR their package. Any send agains have to be given to a mgt person so that they can be secured until the following day.

I already have one customer who has told us she won't be home and asked if we could deliver her iPhone to a neighbor who is also receiving one.

We weren't supposed to deliver any until today but one of our drivers told me he had 3 yesterday.

outta hours

Just got home. Had to double trip the airport due to an extra air trailer full of iphones. They sure can pack them into those cans.

curiousbrain

The building where I am employed received 1734; all Express; and management was to maintain physical control until they were all scanned, processed, etc. Then, we handed them to the driver, watched them walk into their truck, and we "signed off"; at that point, it is on them if some go missing (or on the management person if they were stupid enough to "lose" one).

We didn't actually know the details (amount, addresses, tracking numbers, etc) until about quarter of 8am. It was quite frantic after that.

From my low rung on the corporate ladder, I did my job; however, I feel bad for the drivers and the driver supervisors because there were no manifests, half of them were not in EDD; I mean, how are you supposed to track one of these things? That's above my pay grade, apparently.

It's unfortunate it had to be this way; with proper information and an appropriate lead time, we (i.e. the building I work in as a whole) could have processed them all no problem.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I had around 20 today and I'm only an air driver. There must have been 2,000 to 3,000 or so building wide. Most didn't make service, at least of mine, since most people are not home at 10-11am.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are they any good? I need a new phone, mine's dying.

I was just on the Verizon Wireless website. You can get one for $199 with a new 2 year contract. I am looking at the 8 GB iPhone 4 which is only $99 with a 2 year contract. I currently have a Samsung Convoy, which is a very good basic cell phone, so I would need to add a $30/month data package if I do upgrade.

To answer your question, I don't think there is much difference between the 4 and 4S. Of course, 4 million people might disagree with me.

over9five

Staff member
I was just on the Verizon Wireless website. You can get one for $199 with a new 2 year contract. I am looking at the 8 GB iPhone 4 which is only $99 with a 2 year contract. I currently have a Samsung Convoy, which is a very good basic cell phone, so I would need to add a $30/month data package if I do upgrade.

To answer your question, I don't think there is much difference between the 4 and 4S. Of course, 4 million people might disagree with me.

Yeah, I just looked at the prices too. I don't think I want to pay that $30/month data fee.