iPhone 4S

menotyou

bella amicizia
Let me add this- I live quite rurally. The reception is much worse than my old LG Dare. I might have re-thought the purchase had I known that. Syracuse Utilities is installing a fiber optic line along Rt. 3, for a cell tower. I'm praying it will do something, so I don't have to stand in middle of the backyard to chat. It always helps when a poker run goes through at the same time.

klein

Für Meno :)
$85 x 12 months = 2 weeks all inclusive trip to Cuba !

No wonder I gave up my cell phone after UPS - don't need it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is somewhat pricey. But, it is basically a mini computer. It's amazing how little you use your desktop. Tim has the Walmart smartphone. Mine is so much better.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Only had 3 today. All from Apple. SDN on doors of all 3 consignees.
Deliver to mostly farm country. Guess the farmers are not to impressed with the new iphone. Most still ring the dinner bell at meal times!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had ten from Apple with a 10:30 commit and about twenty-five from Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. I got rid of all of them, only my first stop had the signed Apple signature form. I had a ten hour day, 161 stops does that to me. I noticed our Customer Counter was very busy tonight while I was walking out the gate.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I saw all these Apple iPhone's in my tote boxes today, looked like cabbage to me. Must of delivered 40ish all combined Verizon,Sprint,ect. Got all but three off and our customer counter was open till 830 as I was walking out(normally 7). Best part is my wife walked up to a AT&T store 2hrs after opening and picked one up no problem.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Watertown Mass.
expected 156 sdwc tonight, in pouring rain.

I asked for DIAD trained help ,got two non-DIAD persons and one OMS who I didn't see for the first hour.
Had a line that was over a hundred long.
Mgt's great idea was to hold all phones inside the building until a list of addresses was made to confirm that the people in line could be matched to the packages inside .
They collected the people's personal driver's license as proof.
Now the problem was as the packages were brought out, I could not give the people their phones because their ID's were still inside the building.
Back & forth too many times to count, along with non-phone people who were sdwc bugging me about what they were supposed to do.
And then some tv crew decides to block the main gate to set up to film, I told them to move the car and to step out of the way because our Air Trailer was scheduled to depart.
Many from feeders can testify that with all the cars parked on both sides of the street, access in and out was highly restricted.
The Twilight super convinced many to return on Sat to pick up their phones.
But I'm positive the we will be repeating this again on Monday.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had ten from Apple with a 10:30 commit and about twenty-five from Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. I got rid of all of them, only my first stop had the signed Apple signature form. I had a ten hour day, 161 stops does that to me. I noticed our Customer Counter was very busy tonight while I was walking out the gate.

you guys in FP didnt have relaxed commit times with Apple? I had 10 from apple that were delivered during the day and when the prompt came up for Late Delivery we were told to choose X.
aside from the 10 from apple i had 3 from sprint and 5 from Verizon and worked a 10 hour day myself. It was my fourth day this week of Over 9/5 so monday i'll file and get paid. Our center manager would rather pay the Over 9/5 grievances than put people on the road

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
you guys in FP didnt have relaxed commit times with Apple? I had 10 from apple that were delivered during the day and when the prompt came up for Late Delivery we were told to choose X.
aside from the 10 from apple i had 3 from sprint and 5 from Verizon and worked a 10 hour day myself. It was my fourth day this week of Over 9/5 so monday i'll file and get paid. Our center manager would rather pay the Over 9/5 grievances than put people on the road
Matt and Jim are good BAs when it come to getting 9.5s paid, I know.

As for relaxed commit, we had them as well. Problem is when you normally run air and another driver runs ground in that area, well needless to say I got screwed.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What pissed me off the most is that every swinging tie in the building SWEARS if we get more stops, we'll put more routes in !!!!

3 hours OT today, I had enough work in my own area to have a 9.5 day but my dispatch dousche gives me 2 splits ! friend-UPS lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I seem to vaguely remember something like that said in our PCM, but I don't pay that much attention because it is so repetitive and I was still trying to wake up. I didn't have any problem running ten NDA stops, so I just ran them like that. I was surprised to see so many people at home waiting for these damn things. They pay top dollar for the latest little toy that will probably have a few bugs in it that will have to be worked out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one customer actually flag me down on a side street looking for his phone. That is one advantage of EDD/PAS (provided the loader did their job). I went through EDD and saw that he did have a pkg. He got his ID out while I got the package, name and address matched, he signed and was happy to have his new toy.

Did any of you have customers print out the electronic release?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What pissed me off the most is that every swinging tie in the building SWEARS if we get more stops, we'll put more routes in !!!!

3 hours OT today, I had enough work in my own area to have a 9.5 day but my dispatch dousche gives me 2 splits ! friend-UPS lol

We could work in the same building!! We have heard the same thing over and over.