Is Anyone Happy at UPS?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I like my job. Don't necessarily always like UPS and it's not always easy to have a good attitude about work. But hey, at least I have a job. :wink2:

UPSBluRdg03

I love every minute of it. I take pride in my work and feel like Ive got a good attitude to deal with everything UPS can throw at me in a days work out on a route. Add/Cuts, misloads and going out in the red (over dispatched) are just a nature of the beast. I do the job to the best of ability every day. I think the whole being outside on my own and interacting with all walks of life throughout the day is really what makes me enjoy what I do. Any job is only as bad and miserable as you make it out to be. Take it all with a grain of salt and your days at UPS with be a much smoother ride.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yep, me too. Why waste your time and life at a job that you don't enjoy. Different UPS than the one that I signed on for, but I still enjoy the camaraderie of most of the UPSers, the customers and being outside all day long. It's the management I feel sorry for. Not the same UPS they signed up for and they are STUCK.

Please don't feel sorry for me or us. We have it pretty good too, no need for me to go into specifics today.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Sloth_shades.gif

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah it's happiness when you're tacked on an avoidable accident in your resume when you're making a delivery and park legally w/ hazards , and someone backs straight 20 ft. into your vehicle, seconds after you were talking with them. Happy happy joy joy. Thank you UPS.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's pretty much the way I feel about it. I don't hate it and there are certain aspects of the job that I like, but if it wasn't for the money I'd be long gone.
Not me, I'm a glutton for the abuse, so's I'd probably stick around for a bit longer to take it all in.

i have this conversation alot with supervisors---the job itself is really not that hard....its what management DOES to routes with add/cuts that make it challenging /frustrating /impossible to finish a day....i try to explain to them that if they run the routes,THEIR days as ours would smoother..not to mention--SAFER..it cant be safe to have people driving back/forth across routes doing splits....but overall--i enjoy being out there interracting with the customer...
+1

I actually love my job. My route is one that never lets up. No windshield time, except the 30 min run to and from. Get the air off, get buisness del with some resies, make pick up compliance, finish resies, make last 2 pick ups, head back and try to stay off the over allowed radar.

This is accomplished only if dispatch and pre load do thier jobs. That hasn't happend much this week. Several days over dispatched and mis loads. Oh well, do my best is all I can do.

We are all rather cranky in our area. Upper 90s and high humidity. Heat index over 100 everyday.

All in all, I still love my job. My customers are great and I provide a good life for myself and my family. I try and stay positive, not that I don' t have my moments of negativity. I quit getting all worked up over it all years ago. Its not worth the stress, this job has enough as is, no need to add to it.
Ditto!

I love every minute of it. I take pride in my work and feel like Ive got a good attitude to deal with everything UPS can throw at me in a days work out on a route. Add/Cuts, misloads and going out in the red (over dispatched) are just a nature of the beast. I do the job to the best of ability every day. I think the whole being outside on my own and interacting with all walks of life throughout the day is really what makes me enjoy what I do. Any job is only as bad and miserable as you make it out to be. Take it all with a grain of salt and your days at UPS with be a much smoother ride.
Ditto!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i love what i do i hate who i work for.

Hate is a strong word. I do like immediate group of co-workers including management. Infact management are in some cases easier to work with and respect than anyone else. The job is great. However the people I don't know and will never see are the sore spot.

jimstud

Banned
Hate is a strong word. I do like immediate group of co-workers including management. Infact management are in some cases easier to work with and respect than anyone else. The job is great. However the people I don't know and will never see are the sore spot.

you are right hate is a strong word so let me rephrase i really do love what i do but i cannot stand what the company that i have invested over half my life has become.

diesel96

Are you happy at UPS ??? IMO Being happy generally starts at the home, and personal level. If your a crabby, bitter, spiteful SOB, :grrr: then your probably not a happy person anywhere. People can feed off that negative energy and intentionally add to your misery, or just avoid you like the plague alltogether, making your life even more unpleasant. It's your frame of mind that creates or allows your personal happiness or well being for any endeavor, be it work or relationships, no matter how hard trying times will test you...

tieguy

Banned
the number of beggers on the corner has increased. I see signs of houses not being kept up by people who are having a hard time financially, houses in the area either defaulting or being quick sold. Lot of turmoil out there in the real world right now. I am so grateful I am working every day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Are you happy at UPS ??? IMO Being happy generally starts at the home, and personal level. If your a crabby, bitter, spiteful SOB, :grrr: then your probably not a happy person anywhere. People can feed off that negative energy and intentionally add to your misery, or just avoid you like the plague alltogether, making your life even more unpleasant. It's your frame of mind that creates or allows your personal happiness or well being for any endeavor, be it work or relationships, no matter how hard trying times will test you...

Your attitude is everything in life. If you want to be miserable, then you will have plenty of company. If you appreciate what you have, then you will be ahead of most.