Is big brother UPS watching?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In both case Lp insisted that there is only one way to make a del or pu......and this I quote "you get in your pc you drive to the stop on the label and del or pu the pkg and complete the stop"I said we have done this before under managements instruction....they said who we will have a talk with them next......Lp said the driver should know better that's not the methods.....then said ups has an elaborate tracking system that tracks pkg up to the minute............maybe you guys have relaxed rules where you are but its not that way here

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In both case Lp insisted that there is only one way to make a del or pu......and this I quote "you get in your pc you drive to the stop on the label and del or pu the pkg and complete the stop"I said we have done this before under managements instruction....they said who we will have a talk with them next......Lp said the driver should know better that's not the methods.....then said ups has an elaborate tracking system that tracks pkg up to the minute............maybe you guys have relaxed rules where you are but its not that way here
One of my pickups called me Friday and said not to stop. I stop completed it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

LP can say whatever the hell it wants to, but when it comes down to suspending or terminating a driver its what the contract says that actually matters. A termination for dishonesty based upon GPS or Telematics requires the company to prove an intent on the part of the driver to defraud the company. Simply making a data entry error in the DIAD or stop completing a pickup at a different location in good faith does not constitute dishonesty, regardless of what your LP department says.

HubBub

Seems like some LP folks think they're Columbo or something. If I call a pickup and they say they have nothing, my center manager would be pissed if I took the time and miles to go there for no reason. I don't know if it's "method" or not, but common sense would prevail. Can't imagine a termination coming close to sticking unless he's a major target of both management and union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seems like some LP folks think they're Columbo or something. If I call a pickup and they say they have nothing, my center manager would be pissed if I took the time and miles to go there for no reason. I don't know if it's "method" or not, but common sense would prevail. Can't imagine a termination coming close to sticking unless he's a major target of both management and union.

I wonder if it would be better just to leave the pickup stop in the board when we punch out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So I have an on-route pickup. I get there, deliver the packages, pick up whatever they have going out, and then head out on my merry way. 10 minutes and 4 miles later I realize I forgot to record the pickup while I was there so I pull it up, enter the number of pieces, and hit stop complete. Dishonest? No. My exact location at that point is irrelevant. Driving all the way back there simply to record the pickup would be stupid and a waste of time and miles.

I have a residential customer with a pickup account who lives at the top of a mountain. In the winter when it snows I cant get up there so I call her. If she has nothing going out, I hit stop complete. If she does, she drives it down to me in her 4x4 and I record it and hit stop complete. Dishonest? No. My exact location at that point is irrelevant. I cant get up there so I am doing the best I can to service the customer.

Its all about intent.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Caller ID?
No caller ID on his phone...
iStock_000017902671XSmall.jpg