Is big brother UPS watching?

bowflex

I always thought it was a light sensor like on the top left corner diad V. Auto adjust brightness for day and night
Then it would brighten when u put tape over it. It's definitely not a light sensor. It may be some sort of remote control sensor like mentioned. From my experience I do believe it is a camera. The reason I believe this is because cameras like this are not multi directional. What I mean is that if it is showing you the view from behind your truck or can not record the inside of the cab. Twice my rear view wasn't working. The first time I didn't cover the "camera" and about 20 min before I pulled in the hub the rear view camera started working again. A few weeks later it shut off again so I covered the "camera" and the review started working within an hour. I removed the info notice I used to cover it and once again it went blank. I covered it again and it stayed blank but I took the info notice off and right before I pulled in the hub the rear view started working again. You be the judge. I don't care what they see me doing in the front. I just want to be sure they don't see what I am doing in the back.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I hope not or else they'll see me when I eat a sandwich while backing into driveways. But as long as it's not a microphone so they can't hear me talking to myself and singing then I'm alright.

Z

ZQXC

I hope not or else they'll see me when I eat a sandwich while backing into driveways. But as long as it's not a microphone so they can't hear me talking to myself and singing then I'm alright.

I sing Christmas carols really loud, and if I can't remember the words, I just make some up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Then it would brighten when u put tape over it. It's definitely not a light sensor...

Think about it.

The monitor needs to be brighter during the day than it does at night in order for you to be able to see it. Try using your smart phone on a bright sunny day if you don't believe me.

Putting tape over the sensor blocks the light.

If the light sensor doesn't see any light, it assumes that it is night time and it dims down the display. The problem is that its not calibrated properly so it is still too bright at night.

Mack Grant

In a newer PC today and noticed what appeared to be a camera inside the back up monitor next to the speaker. So is this a new thing?
It's an ambient light sensor for the in cab monitor. I'm pretty certain it's disabled but some drivers put torn info notices over them out of paranoia. It is not a camera.