Is it worth it?

satellitedriver

All scabs? Whole family? Wow!
Nope successful, educated hard working people.
We were all raised in an unheated, uninsulated, non a/c home in Houston.
We all had to go work at an early age and pay for our college educations.
All my siblings, and I, went from a being poor (poor only in money) to what people would call being wealthy.
Unions had jack to do with our collective success.
The term scab only has meaning to the ones that mouth it as a derogatory.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You forget that UPS paid my salary, paid my insurance premiums and put $245 dollars a week into the Central States pension fund to pay me my pension.
The teamsters have never put one red cent into my pay, insurance premiums, or pension.
Maybe you forgot that in the 1997 strike the teamsters strike fund was empty and could not fund the $50 a week strike pay to the workers that walked off the job.
So, they had to borrow 5 million dollars from another union to meet the first weeks strike pay.
My strike check of $50 had $40 dollar union dues taken out of it.
Years later they told other union to kiss off.
I could go on, but the facts don't matter to the true believers that the teamster union is the only reason workers succeed in life.
In 2020 only 10.8%, in all categories of American workers, belong to a union.
So explain to me how 89.2% of all Americans keep this nation running without the "protection" of a union.
People complain about the super rich 1%, but you never hear a word about the union rich "protected" 10% not paying their fair share.
I may be a POS, but I had no qualms to tell the teamsters to kiss off.
UPS didn’t do any of that with the kindness of their heart or because they care about their employees you knuckle head.

satellitedriver

You missed the point. While union jobs pay good wages, the non union job workers wages and benefits continue to decline.
Ha, ha.
Just last week they were advertising to pay more working at a small store than a first year UPS employee.
Benefits have been on the decline for the last 15yrs, but the 10% did not notice.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
All my siblings, and I, went from a being poor (poor only in money) to what people would call being wealthy.
Barefoot scabs

satellitedriver

UPS didn’t do any of that with the kindness of their heart or because they care about their employees you knuckle head.
Maybe you should search how UPS rewarded and treated their employees, before the teamsters came along.
Mr. Casey told people that they should unionize thinking of the social good.
In the early days unionization was needed, but then Hoffa and the Mafia came along and made it a protection racket.

UnionStrong

Maybe you should search how UPS rewarded and treated their employees, before the teamsters came along.
In the early days unionization was needed, but then Hoffa and the Mafia came along and made it a protection racket.
Hoffa gave you a pension. Not the mafia dummy.

UnionStrong

Obviously you have no clue about labor Unions or how they came about. Goober.

UnionStrong

That's the best you got?
You can not right a coherent sentence in defense of your beliefs?
So, in your logic, 88% of all working American are scabs because they do not belong to a union.
No just the ones that quit the union and still benefited from it. Like you, scab. Coherent enough for you Gomer? Shazam! Ma’s makin possum stew tonight!

satellitedriver

Obviously you have no clue about labor Unions or how they came about. Goober.
Hoffa gave you a pension. Not the mafia dummy.
Nope the mafia paid interest to the teamster pension fund that funded building Las Vegas and other ventures.
Heck that's what kept the fund profitable.
Ups paid for my pension, Hoffa and others controlled the money.
The genesis of the "labor movement" is well documented.
One of my hobby is an interest in factual history.

UnionStrong

Nope the mafia paid interest to the teamster pension fund that funded building Las Vegas and other ventures.
Heck that's what kept the fund profitable.
Ups paid for my pension, Hoffa and others controlled the money.
The genesis of the "labor movement" is well documented.
One of my hobby is an interest in factual history.
The idea of the pension was Hoffa’s.

quad decade guy

You are wealthy? Do tell....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I also have no money and love to gather as little power as possible for myself and my peers because I might accidentally destroy America.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Thanks for making my point.
Non union workers keep this country viable and the union members votes for Democrats.

I suppose when we both see someone doing the same job for less, you think “look at that cost savings!” and I think “look at that guy getting gypped by his company.”

I have a class a cdl with x endorsement. I havnt really thought about feeder driver, because I only see package cars.
Is feeder a position most ups employees want to move to before retirement? Is there a requirement how close you have to live to a terminal? I live in a very rural area if your not farming your fishing, so I don't even know where the feeder terminal is that services the hubs around me.