Is management allowed to videotape workers?

Jasoonis

Was just curious about if management was "allowed" to videotape drivers and eventually use it for progressive discipline. I was always told that "Two members of management must see the infraction" because if that were not the case it would just be a "he said she said".

Returntosender

Was just curious about if management was "allowed" to videotape drivers and eventually use it for progressive discipline. I was always told that "Two members of management must see the infraction" because if that were not the case it would just be a "he said she said".
They observe and use telematics

F

Frankie's Friend

Did this happen recently?

Indecisi0n

They can. They use their cellphone to record drivers now. Now technically that's using technology to discipline so I am not sure if that could be used as a "witness".

I hate the fact that they can do that but we can't.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If we could... That would be great.
we can in most cases...if it's a concerted activity protecting state or federal rights under EEOC, OSHA, etc. Not a slam-dunk but corporate bullies would never want that information out there.

Same goes for wearing hearing protection; UPS cannot "force" anyone to take out two ear buds, for example, though they will push for whatever they feel like.

john chesney

It’s been used in cases of theft and that includes stealing time. Had surveillance video and a supervisor hiding and taping from an airport where air shuttle driver was going too.

Daf

They can. They use their cellphone to record drivers now. Now technically that's using technology to discipline so I am not sure if that could be used as a "witness".

7BCEF3EC-EC5E-423A-BD65-2DBB18D48748.pngaccording to this it looks like we can.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

How about those videos you took in the men's dressing room?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
That is how they catch people stealing. Last one I was involved in with a guy who lost his job stealing to support his habit. They taped him numerous times stealing. A few weeks after he died of an overdose. Very sad. I knew him and represented him a few times for various infractions even tried to get him help. So very sad.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Yes go ahead, lets get rid of the bad seeds. They also can watch the driver by satellite

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

Can I video record a driver release on my phone to show that I made the delivery to the correct location? This way i have proof that I delivered to the customers requested location in addition to gps?