is the hard work worth the pay?

Rayver723

8.50-9.50 to start for P/T workers
any particular reason why you chose the job?
can probably find an equally or better paying job that is less physical?

for myself, getting this type of job doesnt require much experience and it also gives good experience in the work place.
the hours- i was looking mainly for a night job and dont mind the late night shifts
Dont really care much to work in an office environment or in retail, so my options might have been limited
good benefits for a P/T job

so basically if you are motivated, a hard worker, and dont mind physical work i guess its an ideal job. but could get paid more for the amount of work in another job, but would have to deal with other issues.

AirDriverAmy

I'm PT and I really like my job. As an Air Driver my job is easy. Some days the job is physically hard on me but, really I have no complaints.
I am curious to see what the new contract has in store for us PT employees.

huskervi

In my opinion as a preloader, no we are not making enough for our work. We are responsible for much more than say sorters/unloaders and they make the same amount. Management is always on our tail about moving faster and what not. I would like to see compensation for pph and misloads but we will never see it.

maybrown

is not a woman
I'm PT and I really like my job. As an Air Driver my job is easy. Some days the job is physically hard on me but, really I have no complaints.
I am curious to see what the new contract has in store for us PT employees.
I agree Air Driver is the best job at UPS. Make good money virtually you do easy thing. I still remember the old day when I stayed near the drop box till the comitted time. No ground just air p/u no wonder my friend who has 60 hrs per week doesn't want to be a full time driver!

Cementups

Box Monkey
It really depends on how you are looking at it. If you're looking at the short term of it and only thinking friend being there a for a few months or years, then probably no. But on the other hand, if you are planning on sticking around for a long term gig then it is dafinately worth the opportunity to stick around for a higher paying job such as driving at $28.18/hr.

I chose the big picture.