Is there any Way to get my Job Back

iamupser

Grease Monkey
It's funny how hourly need to follow the "ethics" document we all signed or be terminated for not following it, however when certain management lie they get a promotion.

Yes, the hypocrisy can be un-nerving at the very least. Sorry about your job loss.

dontgetit

You made a fatal error,you lied. Had you of reported the accident you would have received a warning letter and back on the route the next day or even suspended pending further investigation ( I doubt that). In any case you would still have a job. I think you are out of a job.

It's funny how hourly need to follow the "ethics" document we all signed or be terminated for not following it, however when certain management lie they get a promotion.

Yes, the hypocrisy can be un-nerving at the very least. Sorry about your job loss.
Management never lie because they are infallible.

If they do not have proof then they can't doo a damn thing. they just fired my buddy over prerecording packages and it's in the contract you can't base anything of GPS but the steward and the manager where working together to get him fired. UPS IS CORRUPT!!!!! STRIKE THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If they do not have proof then they can't doo a damn thing. they just fired my buddy over prerecording packages and it's in the contract you can't base anything of GPS but the steward and the manager where working together to get him fired. UPS IS CORRUPT!!!!! STRIKE THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
So if someone has proof via GPS that someone commited a robbery/murder, but they are not allowed to use the GPS for discipline/punishment/evidence, should the person not be charged?

Did the person pre-record stops and cheat the system?

cino321

Another reason to simply not lie and all will be well.

You hit something? Call your on car before the customer does. Problem solved.

stopcomplete

Never call in sick when you not that bad? never said dinner was good when it wasnt so good? thats dishonesty ,not a crime. Your book is a very shallow one all about you.

air1ups

You committed a cardinal sin!! Dishonesty is one thing you can be fired for immediately!! In my 23 yrs at brown, i have seen one person get their job back when they were dishonest. The company to prove their case illoegally searched his vehicle in the parking lot and admitted it ...........that will never happen again, the company will never make that mistake again!! I have been a steward for 15+ yrs..................I am not saying i know it all, just saying i have seen many come and go and this guy happpened to skate because the compoany blew it. Sorry i have to say honesty is the best policy.

just interested

So if someone has proof via GPS that someone commited a robbery/murder, but they are not allowed to use the GPS for discipline/punishment/evidence, should the person not be charged?

Did the person pre-record stops and cheat the system?

What's wrong with pre-recording stops??? Seriously.....I really don't know.

just interested

What's wrong with pre-recording stops??? Seriously.....I really don't know.

For instance, I'll use it in an office building with multiple floors/suites.......while in the elevator, I make sure to get all the stops pre-recorded that I can, that way when I arrive at the suite, it's bam - ready to go.

Is this not allowed?

I'll also use it on Saturdays, when there is no EDD available. I map out the address path, pre-record the order of the stops before I leave the facility, and then I'm ready to go, not having to look up addresses along the way or back-track, wasting precious time.

STEVETHEUPSGUY - you said "pre-record stops and cheat the system?". I'm a new driver. Am I doing something wrong?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
For instance, I'll use it in an office building with multiple floors/suites.......while in the elevator, I make sure to get all the stops pre-recorded that I can, that way when I arrive at the suite, it's bam - ready to go.

Is this not allowed?

I'll also use it on Saturdays, when there is no EDD available. I map out the address path, pre-record the order of the stops before I leave the facility, and then I'm ready to go, not having to look up addresses along the way or back-track, wasting precious time.

STEVETHEUPSGUY - you said "pre-record stops and cheat the system?". I'm a new driver. Am I doing something wrong?
What you describe is working smart. Pre-recording is not cheating by itself. What I meant by "cheating" was when a driver gets ahead and starts per-recording stops that have already been delivered, then goes and sits somewhere stop completing at their leisure. That would be dishonest, since the pkgs have already been delivered. We had a driver get caught doing this before GPS. The consignee came home and had questions about the delivered pkg, called UPS and UPS found out the stop wasn't even completed in the driver's board. That's what I was referring to.

upsgrunt

What you describe is working smart. Pre-recording is not cheating by itself. What I meant by "cheating" was when a driver gets ahead and starts per-recording stops that have already been delivered, then goes and sits somewhere stop completing at their leisure. That would be dishonest, since the pkgs have already been delivered. We had a driver get caught doing this before GPS. The consignee came home and had questions about the delivered pkg, called UPS and UPS found out the stop wasn't even completed in the driver's board. That's what I was referring to.

Steve,
What the heck is the advantage to doing that? And how can you pre-record a stop that has already been delivered?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve,
What the heck is the advantage to doing that? And how can you pre-record a stop that has already been delivered?

With EDD it is not that hard to do but as you said there is no advantage in doing so. You would scroll down to the stop, click on details, write down or memorize the last 4 of the 1Z, and then use bar code finder to complete the stop. Seems like a lot more work to me.

I also do what JI does--I use idle time to prerecord or set up my next stop(s). An elevator is a perfect place to get your next stop all set up..