Is this normal in the hiring process at UPS?

Tobias47

Ascendentem
I applied for a preloading position and set up my first day for orientation. Got the emails stating that my first day is scheduled for this upcoming Monday.

Since applying I keep recieving a phone callS from people claiming to work for the UPS, and need to verify my info. The first call I answered and spoke to a woman who asked for my name and phone number. Then she told me what I need to bring to orientation. That was it.

The next day I recieved yet another call, saying the same thing essentially.

The next day, they call again. This time asking for my email address, and it struck me in a weird way, I told her my email. And she thanked me and told me when my first day was, when I already know.

The next day the same number called asking for my email again. Not gonna lie, I was kind of rude and he was patient but arrogant at the same time. I asked for a call back number and he gave me the ups number on the website and another number that wasn't the number that was listed when I picked up the phone. He said he's in the Phillipines (not sure that's spelled right). Makes me even more suspicious...

I used the official site and got a starting date for orientation on the website and got a confirmation email. I was told to bring 2 forms of ID, boots, and water. I just don't understand the everyday calls to conform info, that I'm ultimately going to confirm at orientation. Should I get in touch with the facility I applied with or just show up at the confirmed first day?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Ups is unorganized. Sounds like you got the info you need. Boots, water, and baby wipes when they wax your ass with work.

All jokes aside, you have an orientation time and date. Show up and don’t be late for 30 days and you’re in. I’d wear a pair of comfy tennis shoes you can move around in.

Tobias47

Ascendentem
Ups is unorganized. Sounds like you got the info you need. Boots, water, and baby wipes when they wax your ass with work.

All jokes aside, you have an orientation time and date. Show up and don’t be late for 30 days and you’re in. I’d wear a pair of comfy tennis shoes you can move around in.
I'm good on crushing my feet, lol. I'll take your advice. Just seemed odd that they would ask me over and over. I usually don't give sensitive information to people I can hardly understand (i.e. accents), not to sound insensitive or xenophobic about it. It's a matter of my security damn it! Hopefully all goes well.

Last edited:

Tobias47

Ascendentem
I'm good on crushing my feet, lol. I'll take your advice. Just seemed odd that they would ask me over and over. I usually don't give sensitive information to people I can hardly understand (i.e. accents), not to sound insensitive or xenophobic about it. It's a matter of my security damn it! Hopefully all goes well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.webp

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You’re seasonal
🧔‍♂️✊

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I applied online and got a callback the next morning and was asked to come in that day for the interview. They did a background check and that was it. She looked down at my feet and I was wearing boots and she asked me if I wanted to start today. I said yes and was paired up with a guy and started unloading a trailer. I think this all got real messy when they outsourced HR and hiring. Come peak they make the morning office workers handle the PVDs and helpers. It’s all a mess.

Johney

Not sure how it is where you are ,but here peak starts here Oct. 15th. so no way to make 30.

Tobias47

Ascendentem
I'm new at this. Can you tell??

Tobias47

Ascendentem
I applied for a preloading position and set up my first day for orientation. Got the emails stating that my first day is scheduled for this upcoming Monday.

Since applying I keep recieving a phone callS from people claiming to work for the UPS, and need to verify my info. The first call I answered and spoke to a woman who asked for my name and phone number. Then she told me what I need to bring to orientation. That was it.

The next day, they call again. This time asking for my email address, and it struck me in a weird way, I told her my email. And she thanked me and told me when my first day was, when I already know.

The next day the same number called asking for my email again. Not gonna lie, I was kind of rude and he was patient but arrogant at the same time. I asked for a call back number and he gave me the ups number on the website and another number that wasn't the number that was listed when I picked up the phone. He said he's in the Phillipines (not sure that's spelled right). Makes me even more suspicious...

I used the official site and got a starting date for orientation on the website and got a confirmation email. I was told to bring 2 forms of ID, boots, and water. I just don't understand the everyday calls to conform info, that I'm ultimately going to confirm at orientation. Should I get in touch with the facility I applied with or just show up at the confirmed first day?
More info:

"Your confirmed first day of work is scheduled for 09/26 at 04:00 AM.

Don't forget to bring 2 forms of ID, wear boots, and arrive on time.

Check out this important information to help you prepare for your first day of work: www.jobs-ups.com/onboarding

We look forward to seeing you!

If you have questions, call 1-833-480-0064.

UPS Employment Center

The link in this email doesn't go anywhere. It just registers as 2's and %'s, normal right...

Tobias47

Ascendentem
More info:

"Your confirmed first day of work is scheduled for 09/26 at 04:00 AM.

Don't forget to bring 2 forms of ID, wear boots, and arrive on time.

Check out this important information to help you prepare for your first day of work: www.jobs-ups.com/onboarding

We look forward to seeing you!

If you have questions, call 1-833-480-0064.

UPS Employment Center

The link in this email doesn't go anywhere. It just registers as 2's and %'s, normal right...
I did all the onboarding instructions, W-4s, I-9s, and even esignatures on the official website.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

SNAFU
B4398729-609B-4606-B334-21691F70D767.jpeg

SandSpida

Remember to leave your common sense thinking in your car when you get to work. Your with UPS now, be ready to be blown away with stupidity.