Is this true???

over9five

Staff member
Mr. Stug,

We do not pay you to stuff your face all day. We bestow upon you several breaks throughout your day, please use them.

Also, everyone knows that water is the only way to hydrate! Anything else is a funtime drink, and we pay you to work - not to have fun.

Oh yes, it has been brought to our attention that you are the only driver in the center not using a cellphone to brownnose us. Please have a cellphone by Monday.

Thank you
Your Management Team

JustTired

free at last.......
Everyone knows that water pours faster than tea.

Maybe you should consider switching to molasses.

The more I hear and read......the more amazed I become.

Gotta go. It's 7:50am and Fed-ex is coming to my door.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Mr. Stug,

We do not pay you to stuff your face all day. We bestow upon you several breaks throughout your day, please use them.

Also, everyone knows that water is the only way to hydrate! Anything else is a funtime drink, and we pay you to work - not to have fun.

Oh yes, it has been brought to our attention that you are the only driver in the center not using a cellphone to brownnose us. Please have a cellphone by Monday.

Thank you
Your Management Team
Mr. Mgt Team,

Water is not the only thing needed. We sweat our collective asses off for you. We lose salt and minerals due to that sweating. We need to replace these throughout the day to maintain a healthy well balanced system. So, I personally will be drinking Gatorade along with my water. Wanna fire me for it? You can try but your wasting your time.

Thank you
the drivers

tieguy

Banned
I have a 64oz. cup that I fill with either Tea or Water throughout the day. I was told today that if I get water it's okay, but if I fill it with anything else I'm supposed to count that time as break time.:surprised: I was told the same thing about the food that I bring along and eat throughout the day before and after lunch. I mean, I know you're not supposed to eat while you drive, but snagging bites from your sandwich before and/or after delivering/picking up???

I use the the 64oz cup so I don't have to keep filling it up all the time. I also eat several small meals, (that don't interupt my flow), because that's what my body calls for as an athlete. Granola bars, home made sandwiches and such.

lol, what is it with the management folks in your center. If they are not complementing you on your atheletic build and or monitoring your board posting activities they are now trying to define break time by what you consume?

if you guys in steves center are reading this please stop you're embarassing me.

dillweed

Don't even ask, my friend. They are most likely thinking up another goofy idea as we post. :wink2:

QUOTE=DS;748756]What next?[/QUOTE]

TheKid

Hey STUG, I have been at UPS for 24 yrs. (20 as a friend.t. driver) and although I have only been a steward for a couple years I would feel pretty confident going to the panel with those facts in my corner. I know the company would say you were "stealing time" but wait until they try to explain to a neutral arbitrator that you were fired because it was 97' and were drinking Gatorade....I like our chances on that one STUG.

jimstud

Banned
Hey STUG, I have been at UPS for 24 yrs. (20 as a friend.t. driver) and although I have only been a steward for a couple years I would feel pretty confident going to the panel with those facts in my corner. I know the company would say you were "stealing time" but wait until they try to explain to a neutral arbitrator that you were fired because it was 97' and were drinking Gatorade....I like our chances on that one STUG.

walker and royle would try.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Unbelievable. What really burns my @$$ is that management stands at a PCM and has the nerve to tell you to drink lots of water, eat healthy, etc., but on Founders Day or any of the other lame reasons they celebrate with a BBQ or something, they insist you come out into the yard and down 2 or 3 greasy hamburgers before the start of the work day.

over9five

Staff member
Great.
The MS has not caused me to file ADA protection but my boooobeeees will get me in trouble?
Not fair and not right.

The company has emailed me the new booooooobeeeeeee tolerances and has authorized me to do a pre-trip on them. Please send pics to Over9five.

tieguy

Banned
Unbelievable. What really burns my @$$ is that management stands at a PCM and has the nerve to tell you to drink lots of water, eat healthy, etc., but on Founders Day or any of the other lame reasons they celebrate with a BBQ or something, they insist you come out into the yard and down 2 or 3 greasy hamburgers before the start of the work day.

dude ? they're forcing you to eat barbecue? you poor thing

Magnus

As a Helper I used a 3 Liter Camelback hydration system. Nobody said anything to me about it (I even showed it to and asked management if it was cool for me to use), I just tossed it around the bars or on the dash and fastened it to the truck by the straps and always had my water with me in the cab and allowing me enough time between stops to grab a gulp or two (because there was never enough time for me to go in the back to get some other water container, I barely had just enough time to grab the hydration hose and gulp it down - we didn't take breaks on-route). During pickups, such as the UPS Store or the Postal Annex that took about 5 – 15 minutes, I’d take it down and throw it on my back (because my wallet was in there too). It was brown and black, of course and it really saved my butt those last two peaks (I drink a LOT more water than the average person so their supposed cup size restriction would have killed me).

Best part of this arrangement, I rarely ever needed to ask the Drivers to stop so I could fill it back up, because it was 1.5 gallons of water and lasted me all day and night most times. And, I never had to take a bathroom break either, only very rarely (and that won me a lot of points).

So bring one of those in and see what they say about it! Because it’s not a cup, and therefore there’s no rule or restriction and they’re so slow up in Atlanta, they’ll never revise the rules to include water bags! :laugh:

As far as Gatorade and all that other crap, just stay away from it and choke down a banana. It's better for you, because it has more potassium and natural sodium, whereas Gatorade etc. has synthetic nutrients and isn't as effective. A 5 or 6-Hour Energy shot works better too. And also, you don't have to take off your gloves or wash your hands to eat it, thanks to the peel!

UPSF Peeon

Article 74 Section 3:

II. Beverage Breaks

Drivers of any equipment not equipped with air-conditioning shall be allowed one (1) beverage break per shift, provided the outside temperature is ninety seven (97) degrees Fahrenheit or above. Beverages are not to exceed thirty two (32) ounces and are limited to water only. Any drink other than water shall be poured, drank, and secured off the clock, this is to include; soda, sports drinks, milk, coffee, tea, etc...