is ups waiting for immigration reform to pass

dudebro

A banker, a worker, an immigrant, and a politician are all sitting around a table. There are 10 cookies on the table. Suddenly, the banker jumps up and stuffs nine of the cookies into his mouth. Everyone sat in stunned silence for a moment. Then the banker hands the politician an envelope, and the politician leans over to the worker and says, "Don't look now, but I think that friend*in immigrant is eyeing your cookie".

cachmeifucan

Who u think cuts the grass and cleans the bathrooms heavy cleaning and painting. For all the ups facilities and add that up of course a American isn't going to clean for 8$ a hour but the companies do not care they got someone who will. So if nobody would do it they would be forced to pay a fair wage. The cheap labor benefits some and hurts others.

dudebro

If an American won't clean for $8 per hour, then you have to pay $9, then $10, until someone does it. I love all the people that say "oh, you'll be sorry when no one picks your lettuce". Yes they will, if they're paid appropriately. If that means lettuce costs more, so be it. That's what lettuce costs, then. I don't know how people then say, "oh, this restaurant can't compete". You can't outsource the restaurant overseas, it has to be here. So, it can, in the US, if everyone has to pay the same wage.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If an American won't clean for $8 per hour, then you have to pay $9, then $10, until someone does it. I love all the people that say "oh, you'll be sorry when no one picks your lettuce". Yes they will, if they're paid appropriately. If that means lettuce costs more, so be it. That's what lettuce costs, then. I don't know how people then say, "oh, this restaurant can't compete". You can't outsource the restaurant overseas, it has to be here. So, it can, in the US, if everyone has to pay the same wage.
....or maybe I'll plant my own garden???

Either way, you're right.
If people don't wake up to the sound of the huge syphon that is Corporate America and the widening gap in the disparity of wealth, we are going to eventually find ourselves in a feudalistic society.

The scales are way out of balance.

PT Car Washer

The bathrooms at my building are cleaned by Teamsters earning $34.60/hr. This is in a RTW state.

cachmeifucan

How crazy is this at 1 location in our local jeff street I heard cleaning the bathrooms is a combination job but at cach they hired a company called midway who might be hiring undocumented workers. They even formed a union then went on strike. SD They Put A Huge Rat IN Front Of Our center. What else is funny the workers won not sure exactly how much

cachmeifucan

If UPS hired them over the last 6 years, they are already teamsters. They are working at the same pay rates we are. And if it comes down to it, they will be striking with us to keep our wages and benefits.

I fail to understand your opinion on how these teamsters will drive down wages.
Hello because they will grant amnesty to the allegedly 700,000 already enrolled. Plus the 3, 4 or 5 million that are not even eligible due to them being to young to sign up or the ones that never signed up. Plus eventually they will be voters and vote in politicians that grant amnesty to their parents who brought them here illegally. They can't ship my job to Mexico so they bring Mexico here.

brown_trousers

If there is a amnesty UPS can keep all the dreamers or daca that they hired over the last 6 years.

Hello because they will grant amnesty to the allegedly 700,000 already enrolled. Plus the 3, 4 or 5 million that are not even eligible due to them being to young to sign up or the ones that never signed up. Plus eventually they will be voters and vote in politicians that grant amnesty to their parents who brought them here illegally. They can't ship my job to Mexico so they bring Mexico here.

What does this have to do with the workers UPS hired over the last 6 years?

cachmeifucan

Because those job would be filled by umm people who were actually born in this country or came in legally and was granted the right to work because of a law not a executive order. And in certain areas I bet there are hundreds in some locals. I hope that there is some sort of reform but it has to benefit Americans. What about my kids college dreams. In state college tuition is granted to them but I was born in il and I have to pay out of state tuition and Illinois doesn't have a in state tuition discount.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
tenor (6).gif

MAKAVELI

Because those job would be filled by umm people who were actually born in this country or came in legally and was granted the right to work because of a law not a executive order. And in certain areas I bet there are hundreds in some locals. I hope that there is some sort of reform but it has to benefit Americans. What about my kids college dreams. In state college tuition is granted to them but I was born in il and I have to pay out of state tuition and Illinois doesn't have a in state tuition discount.
Quit crying ya snowflake. Tell your kids to get a friend*ing job.:happy2:

cachmeifucan

To bad your kids future doesn't involve college. Or maybe the issue is to deep for you to understand or your biased your screen name speaks volumes.

Dr.Brownz

If there is a amnesty UPS can keep all the dreamers or daca that they hired over the last 6 years. Then they would also have a huge influx of new workers now eligible or soon to be eligible to do the cheap labor and drive wages down even more pro business republican and most Democrats are pushing this. Just think if the supreme Court ever rules against daca. How many upsers or o people in the overall econom will have to quit I bet the number is really 2 million and another 3 million soon to be eligible. Who do you think Abney wanted in the oval office. Not trump

Yep the elite/rich class love mass immigration because it pushes wages DOWN