Israeli Invasion

Was the Israeli invasion the right thing to do?

• Yes: Any other country would have responded the same way

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No: Should have exhausted all political options first

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Millions of years? the earliest writings on the walls of caves is about 15 thousand years old, chinese goes back to about 10k, and the Jews werent the first people if anything they were of Arabic descent...the english calendar is actually the Julian calendar founded by a Roman

What Im saying is your ignorance is your bliss, if you dont agree with someone else theyre wrong. You base your beliefs in your faith and thats fine but blindly following is irresponsible.

Drew, i never say that you have to agree with me. i believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. no one religion or more "right" then the other. each person is entitled to their opinion, and the moral majority is neither. BUT, this post asked for an opinion, so i am supporting my opinion. just as you are supporting your. and we are each entitled to that opinion. but, you seem to have a need to get the final word in. so i respond to your post, and you respond with more of your opinion, which you are entitled to. but, i am also entitled to the same. so, if you so have the need for the last word go right ahead, you are entitled.

drewed

Shankman
My problem is you propose your opinion as facts, I propose facts to base an opinion. You cant say the vast majority of the stuff Ive said is untrue or wrong because you can walk into most any library across the world and find tons of books on it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Negotiations are always preferable to a military solution, but its pretty tough to negotiate with someone who takes the position that you should be exterminated from the face of the earth and destroyed as a race.

Israel left the Gaza strip and tried to honor a cease fire. They were rewarded with rocket attacks from Hamas. They cannot be expected to sit there and take it without responding.

av8torntn

I'm also trying to figure out how Iraq plays into this whole thing. That's a new angle (at least for me). And jews being hated for "millions of years" seems like a stretch.

Well for one I know it was accidental but the Iraqi's helped invade Israel in the first war in 1948. Depending on who you read they sent in between 3,000 and 5,000 troops.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Negotiations are always preferable to a military solution, but its pretty tough to negotiate with someone who takes the position that you should be exterminated from the face of the earth and destroyed as a race.

Israel left the Gaza strip and tried to honor a cease fire. They were rewarded with rocket attacks from Hamas. They cannot be expected to sit there and take it without responding.

thank you. the facts are the facts. Israel has the right to protect themselves and their land.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Why Do So Few Speak Up for Gaza?

Someone once said that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world he did not exist.

When the people who bring a gun to a knife fight convince the gathering crowd that they, the gun fighter is at the disadvantage, that is how you have so few speaking up.

wkmac

Oh be careful there AV. Linking Stang here in your positition might be dangerous. Some of the more hardcore Republican Bush lovers here might take exception with you when they also learn that Stang is the author and promoter of this.
:happy-very:

https://web.archive.org/web/2008122...ndex.php?/site/comments/not_holier_than_thou/

As for what he points out about muslim history, no argument from me at all. Less we also not forget that the Arabic Hashshashin from which we get assassination and assassin come from this culture as well. One point in fairness should be made in the the hashshahin culture was Persian muslim (northern Iran) and not Arab but known by the arab word which links to it's use of Hashish and opium as means of deading the senses before entering the kill.

You never know how events and actions of gov't will effect people in later years. As I watch the events currently in Israel, the words below come to mind and I wonder what might transpire in the years ahead.

In 1996, Israeli jets bombed a UN building where civilians had taken refuge at Cana/ Qana in south Lebanon, killing 102 persons; in the place where Jesus is said to have made water into wine, Israeli bombs wrought a different sort of transformation. In the distant, picturesque port of Hamburg, a young graduate student studying traditional architecture of Aleppo saw footage like this on the news [graphic]. He was consumed with anguish and the desire for revenge. As soon as operation Grapes of Wrath had begun the week before, he had written out a martyrdom will, indicating his willingness to die avenging the victims, killed in that operation--with airplanes and bombs that were a free gift from the United States. His name was Muhammad Atta. Five years later he piloted American Airlines 11 into the World Trade Center. (Lawrence Wright, The Looming Tower, p. 307: "On April 11, 1996, when Atta was twenty-seven years old, he signed a standardized will he got from the al-Quds mosque.l It was the day Israel attacked Lebanon in Operation grapes of Wrath. According to one of his friends, Atta was enraged,and by filling out his last testamentd during the attack he was offering his life in response

http://www.juancole.com/2009/01/al-fakhoura-school-bombed-42-killed.html

As was so correctly pointed out earlier as I've pointed out in other threads, the Middle East is a fight between the sons of Ismael and the sons of Issac over the birthright and the Abraham inheritance as spelled out in Genesis 15. Until we understand this and back completely out and not take a side, we will continue to suffer as we are caught up in an age old struggle that frankly is none of our business and it all hinges on the words of a man created dogma and tradition that has come to be given a place as being the words of God himself. When these same people involved are the one's who wrote the book(s) in the firstplace and on both sides of this conflict, fair and balance may indeed be something not taking place here!

JMO.

Middle_Eastern_Vultu_1363.jpg

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I would like to add to this discussion that those who would like alternative coverage and opinion about this conflict, and foreign affairs in general, information that is not tainted by the neo-cons or the liberal hawks, please check out http://www.antiwar.com .

av8torntn

Oh be careful there AV. Linking Stang here in your positition might be dangerous.

I can handle it. He is no less goofy than antiwar.com.

You never know how events and actions of gov't will effect people in later years. As I watch the events currently in Israel, the words below come to mind and I wonder what might transpire in the years ahead.

http://www.juancole.com/2009/01/al-fakhoura-school-bombed-42-killed.html

As for the rest I think that is a good lesson on the effects of media propaganda. As I read through the posts on this thread I remember someone posting that Israel started the war of aggression or some such nonsense. They were talking about facts and such but completely left out the fact that not only did the Muslims form a coalition to invade Israel on their first day as a nation they bragged about it. Well that was only until they got spanked by a smaller IDF force. They then begged for a cease fire which they got. They use this time to refit and regroup only to attack to break the cease fire. They have repeated this multiple times. The "Cowardice and Ignorance" thing fits. Now fast forward to today and if you asked the average Joe on the street they would probably think it is somehow the fault of Israel. That is where the article that I linked to fits in.

You know come to think about it that would be much the same as your article with the guy claiming the Israel closing it's borders was an act of war or violation of the cease fire. He spent much effort crying about cherry picking only to ignore the fact that there would be no war if the Muslims were not trying to eliminate the Jews and Christians.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Its been reported that the USA has declined Israel permission to fly over Iraq so that they could hit Iran.
I hope they do it anyway.

diesel96

takes the position that you should be exterminated from the face of the earth and destroyed as a race.

thank you. the facts are the facts.

You guys are lost in Translation :nono2:

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/norouzi.php?articleid=11025
------------------------------------------------------------

Once in office, whether Obama actually pursues policies that are in accord with his highest beliefs as a spiritual progressive, or whether he finds it “too unrealistic” to try to buck the spineless Democrats who will bow to AIPAC and the Israel Lobby automatically, depends on whether we can build a powerful enough movement of ordinary citizens to push for a peace that provides security for Israel and justice for the Palestinian people.

av8torntn

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/norouzi.php?articleid=11025
------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is a very funny article. He says he wants to see the destruction of Israel and he gets a pass because he was quoting some other nutjob. :happy-very:

OK here is two years later. He says they are on their way with Gods help to a world without Israel. Iran is a much larger problem to world peace than Israel and I do not give Israel a pass for spying on us either.

Here is the other side. I would warn to be careful when translating farsi or arabic to english it does not always work out so well.

Iran and Israel: Lost in translation?

Last edited: