Issues with Article 41 and the FT Progression Period

Jaxkson05

And when got TCD driver that are full time now getting 31 dollars Hours laughing in your face when a full time driver can’t support his or her family

APTxDriver

That's the issue at-hand DriveInDriveOut. The term isn't used, therefore, those TCD to FT drivers aren't being treated like typical FT drivers in Progression.

APTxDriver

542thruNthru: Wouldn't you be upset if a part-time driver received his seniority date AFTER you and yet still got to top pay before you?

The honor and respect of a FT driver is an amazing thing and we FT drivers have a lot of respect for our job.
I'll be damned if someone is going to sneak up the pay scale ladder faster than other FT drivers and worked less time than them as well.

And why wouldn't UPS see this as an issue as well, because they could be potentially overpaying these employees.

542thruNthru

542thruNthru: Wouldn't you be upset if a part-time driver received his seniority date AFTER you and yet still got to top pay before you?

The honor and respect of a FT driver is an amazing thing and we FT drivers have a lot of respect for our job.
I'll be damned if someone is going to sneak up the pay scale ladder faster than other FT drivers and worked less time than them as well.

And why wouldn't UPS see this as an issue as well, because they could be potentially overpaying these employees.

I don't know about where you are but here cover drivers time goes towards their progression. So if he had 2 years Cover and then went FT he'd only need two more years.

542thruNthru

That would make perfect sense for a TCD driver to continue receiving the 85% of full rate and if the top pay goes up, then so would their percentage. But these drivers I'm referring to are no longer TCD drivers. They have now progressed into their FT progression stage. Therefore the 85% of full rate doesn't apply.

What I believe @DriveInDriveOut is trying to say is. They came into FT progression at 85% top rate. The language says they can not suffer a pay reduction. So they get a raise every time to keep them at 85% top rate.

Sorry man but it makes sense. TCD or not they are "red circled" at 85% and will be kept at that. Hence the raises.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
It's been explained clearly but I'll try again for the fun of it.

When a PT TCD goes FT they keep the 85% of top rate.

They go to top rate at 4 years.

APTxDriver

Once a seniority date is given, the TCD is NO LONGER a PT TCD driver and that rule of 85% of the top pay NO LONGER applies. PERIOD.

Thank you.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Once a seniority date is given, the TCD is NO LONGER a PT TCD driver and that rule of 85% of the top pay NO LONGER applies. PERIOD.

Thank you.

What don't you understand about this?

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular Full-time package car position.

Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate.

They get paid 85% they will not be reduced from 85%

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
giphy.gif

APTxDriver

No one is asking for a pay REDUCTION. I'm wanting to point out that in the Southern Supplement contract, the TCD to FT drivers, once given a seniority date, are not being treated like the other FT drivers. They can no longer be classified as TCD and no longer receive the "benefits" of being a TCD driver.

What I'm suspecting is that the Union and UPS failed to address this specific issue when writing and agreeing the Southern Supplement Contract. Therefore, these drivers are "slipping through the cracks."

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
It is addresed in the southern let me find it for you.

(E) Part-time coverage employees who complete a thirty (30) day qualifying period for a coverage position will not have to complete another probationary period if they are a successful bidder for a regular Full-time package car position. Additionally, he/she will not suffer a reduction in pay rate.

542thruNthru

No one is asking for a pay REDUCTION. I'm wanting to point out that in the Southern Supplement contract, the TCD to FT drivers, once given a seniority date, are not being treated like the other FT drivers. They can no longer be classified as TCD and no longer receive the "benefits" of being a TCD driver.

What I'm suspecting is that the Union and UPS failed to address this specific issue when writing and agreeing the Southern Supplement Contract. Therefore, these drivers are "slipping through the cracks."

What did the union tell you????

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
So would this mean right before peak I was p/t air driver my manager made me TCD for peak then back to P/T air I should of gotten 85% of full rate during peak? So they own me $$$$?

What supplement are you under?

A manager can not make you TCD and send you back, it is a bid job.

If you were a PT air driver delivering ground you should have made top driver rate.