Issues with Article 41 and the FT Progression Period

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not expecting a reduction in pay. What I'm addressing is the "loophole" of these TCD to FT drivers not being "red circled" and payroll giving them NON Progression raises. When they are given their FT status, they are given a seniority date, which is the ONLY date they should be receiving any increase in wages. These aforementioned TCD to FT drivers have received a February raise. This is the issue with Article 41 and now 47. The status of these newly turned FT drivers is not clearly defined in all ways. They are now in Progression stages and should receive NOTHING for 4 years until they jump to top pay. That is the "catch 22" of going TCD to FT driver.
Read the contract a few more times. I've got faith you'll figure out you're wrong eventually

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So would this mean right before peak I was p/t air driver my manager made me TCD for peak then back to P/T air I should of gotten 85% of full rate during peak? So they own me $$$$?
giphy (4).gif

APTxDriver

The push back I'm getting only makes me believe stronger that there is an issue to resolve. I'll take it up with my local. Thanks guys for your unremarkable support.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"Everyone telling me I'm wrong makes me think I'm right"

You might want to get that checked out.
At this point I'm convinced this is all just some sort of therapy for this guy. Some people can't help but try to bring others down when they're unhappy. The 4 year progression is a joke and he's clearly bitter about it.

Can you imagine his steward's reaction when he explained that he wanted his fellow employees to make less money.... SMH.

jbg77

I was a TCD in the southern, now ft. We are at 85% of top rate for 4 years. You should've qualified 1st before going ft and your pay would be the same.

Shift 2

Very mature conversation this turned into.

Pizza: You've missed the entire point. These are former TCD drivers now in their FT Progression stages. They should not be eligible for any NON Progresion raises until their annual seniority date hits.

This is the issue at hand. There is no direct language in the contract telling payroll to not give these employees their raises.

DriveInDriveOut: Again, you're not understanding that I'm not discussing their current pay rate. It is clearly written what a TCD starting pay rate is. What is NOT clearly stated is how to handle a TCD to FT drivers' raises. They are not being "RED CIRCLED" therefore they are slipping through the cracks and receiving unjust raises. They are going to reach top pay before someone with more seniority.
Stop hating. What ever somebody else isn’t your business. Just because you weren’t smart enough to do what they did doesn’t mean you need to bring them down to your level

Shift 2

Waiting on a response from my Stewards/Business Manager.
The point of TCD is to help pt employees who’ve been with the company for years to get paid a decent pay rate. The guys who mostly get those jobs are PTers with 5 plus years of seniority. So they actually deserve to keep the pay rate because the pt wages are horrible

dogs.bite.me

I am looking at Article 49 section 7, I see (B) states the rate of pay for part-time coverage work shall be 85% of the prevailing package car driver rate of pay. But I see no specific mention of a TCD to FT driver being "red circled." This is where the loop hole exists in my opinion.

Edit: Also, to be clear to everyone. I am understanding of my raise-progression. This thread ISN'T about when my next raise is.
What your are referring to is the letter of understanding on that article in the back of the book.
If a TCD has 30 punches (not their qualifying period or peak punches) within a 120 day period and they go FT, they keep their tcd rate which is 85% of driver pay.

See attached

Attachments

• 447BC5CA-06F3-46A2-B711-088AC9D91AB2.png
    447BC5CA-06F3-46A2-B711-088AC9D91AB2.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 204

dogs.bite.me

I'm not expecting a reduction in pay. What I'm addressing is the "loophole" of these TCD to FT drivers not being "red circled" and payroll giving them NON Progression raises. When they are given their FT status, they are given a seniority date, which is the ONLY date they should be receiving any increase in wages. These aforementioned TCD to FT drivers have received a February raise. This is the issue with Article 41 and now 47. The status of these newly turned FT drivers is not clearly defined in all ways. They are now in Progression stages and should receive NOTHING for 4 years until they jump to top pay. That is the "catch 22" of going TCD to FT driver.

They are circled at 85% of the driver rate. When the drivers get a raise, so do TCD.

What are you fighting? That someone has it better than you?