Isuzu Truck Questions

bbsam

Staff member
I had an E350 Quigley 10' mini cube with a 4R100 and 7.3 Powerstroke and pulled a 7000lb GVW tandem axle trailer behind it up and down over very hilly terrain. That power train really had to work. Kept the oil clean It went 462,000 before it went. No sense trying to rebuild it. Put in a factory reman.
That's a lot of torque on that tranny. Mine is just a little 5.4l gasser that's been beat ro crap over the years.

If you have a P550 with one of those little 4R100 transmissions better make sure you get it flushed regularly. All it is is a pickup transmission that has to work twice as hard to move that heavy step van around. And believe me they don't take kindly to dirty transmission oil that's worn out and can no longer lubricate and dissipate heat.

The transmission has been replaced twice lol, something about the clutch design causes the truck to just break down in this style chasis. The boss already has decided to start buying the f59 chassis which is the v10 p700 chassis but we do have a good amount of p550's new and relatively old in the fleet. Right now we have mostly gas trucks got away from deisel and our fleet is 50 trucks big so far with 30-35 full time drivers.

I have been driving the Reach Trk for 3 years now, Is anyone having issues with there Kidney lower left side of there back ? the seats are awful. ( Also the suspension ) Can Isuzu modify the seat so it can have some give ?
Yes and my back is shot due to these trucks Ive been in it a little over 3 years as well and alot of gravel roads.. Im thinking class action lawsuit.

Star B

White Lightening
I cant believe noone talked about the sh1tty regeneration problem. If the drivers dont let the truck regen properly or if goes out on us its a 4k new exhaust everytime.
Um? Does your firmware not just do the regen until its done? I know ours at Express does. There's no manual regen switch anywhere on the dash.

Um? Does your firmware not just do the regen until its done? I know ours at Express does. There's no manual regen switch anywhere on the dash.

Ours does and has both, but drivers cannot turn the truck off while in regen. They do and it clogs up the system our reps say, which causes the failure.

SmithBarney

Is there a way to get rid of the emissions crap?

Sure, leave the good ol USA... I hear VanTexan has a spare room in costa rica. Honestly if you mess with it, the EPA would eat you alive, it's part of State inspections(for those states that have them) and if caught altering it gets ugly