It’s official. OZ to run.

F

Frankie's Friend

Not accurate.
Oh yes it is very accurate!

The nlrb told us that the union officials are ELECTED and therefore the members/employees have an option to remove them.

They also noted that removing the company's management personnel was not within our power so the labor board will fight harder to defend employees against company derived abuses vs union abusive actions against members.

This is factual and we've seen it first hand.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

The nlrb told us that the union officials are ELECTED and therefore the members/employees have an option to remove them.

They also noted that removing the company's management personnel was not within our power so the labor board will fight harder to defend employees against company derived abuses vs union abusive actions against members.

You’re mixing the statements up. Then NLRB is there to police. In the removal of employees cannot be without just cause. Did the employee even seek a labor attorney? NLRB, DOL, IRB, however you want to slice it. These are all avenues.

F

Frankie's Friend

You’re mixing the statements up. Then NLRB is there to police. In the removal of employees cannot be without just cause. Did the employee even seek a labor attorney? NLRB, DOL, IRB, however you want to slice it. These are all avenues.
I responded to your statement.
The nlrb does not like to file charges on unions.

There's no mixing that statement up.
When somebody files charges on the Union the NLRB is reluctant to pursue charges against the Union as strongly as they would pursue charges against the company that the employee works for.

That is my statement and I stand by it

Tony Q

I don’t think Rome will go down that path. Isn’t he on suspension for 2 years? Didnt he get a member kicked out of the Teamsters? Bale or Bales?
He will be back in time to run. There are several people who have been suspended for things like what you might be talking about. Sean was suspended for a month for threatening the principal officer of local 251. He served his suspension like a big boy and was all eligible for everything. There was also a guy out of 251 that was also in the news for getting a female member wrongfully terminated. See the teamsters is like playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Everybody gets get recycled back into the game. Reformer aligns himself with a guy who supposedly clouded with management to get a guy fired in Pennsylvania. Do you smell what I'm cooking?

Tony Q

I'm not trying to demean him by saying what he did was dumb.... because it was.

You want to run against your Local leadership ? Have at it.

You want to promote the "vote no" movement at your facility ? OK.

But, if you're going to go all rogue against your Local and the company at the same time

you better make sure your :censored2: don't stink. I've never seen a 27 year employee, a 17 year

Union Steward, do everything wrong causing his own termination. He had warning letters

that he didn't even protest with a grievance. That's dumb.

Collusion ? Maybe.... but the NLRB hasn't seen it that way.

I feel bad for the guy. If I was there, it wouldn't have happened.

-Bug-
He might quit possibly be the most unprepared steward to defend himself or the members who elected him. I honestly think he should have gotten a lot of what he got, but when the union and the company got together and helped screw him at the panel they crossed a line. On top of that, they left a paper trail.

I have checked up on the guy a little and admire his stubbornness. Again I don't think he is smart at all, but stubborn.

Tony Q

Actually the NLRB loves to get their hooks in a good elected official or two. There are a lot of casualties all spread out over the unions.

wide load

He will be back in time to run. There are several people who have been suspended for things like what you might be talking about. Sean was suspended for a month for threatening the principal officer of local 251. He served his suspension like a big boy and was all eligible for everything. There was also a guy out of 251 that was also in the news for getting a female member wrongfully terminated. See the teamsters is like playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Everybody gets get recycled back into the game. Reformer aligns himself with a guy who supposedly clouded with management to get a guy fired in Pennsylvania. Do you smell what I'm cooking?
No doubt that Rome will be eligible, but will he have enough time to campaign?
Funny how that Principle Officer now supports Sean and was at the candidacy announcement?

F

Frankie's Friend

Actually the NLRB loves to get their hooks in a good elected official or two. There are a lot of casualties all spread out over the unions.
Not what the candid agents told me. Totally the opposite.

That's your experience not ours and we've filed on both sides.

"The union has a broad path to settle grievances any way they want to".

That statement makes me hate the BA. When this rep wakes up in hell he will then know why.

Crooked mother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delivered

No doubt that Rome will be eligible, but will he have enough time to campaign?
Funny how that Principle Officer now supports Sean and was at the candidacy announcement?

He's got 2 years to "campaign" he was at the unity conference. I don't see him being a serious factor, his suspension isn't a merit badge, it's a scarlet letter. No one in the east, south or central will let him live that down it will follow him for the rest of his tenure. TDU will certainly beat that drum everywhere he may Rome...

Last edited:

wide load

He's got 2 years to "campaign" he was at the unity conference. I don't see him being a serious factor, his suspension isn't a merit badge, it's a scarlet letter. No one in the east, south or central will let him live that down it will follow him for the rest of his tenure. TDU will certainly beat that drum everywhere he may Rome...
If he is suspended from the Teamsters, how does he get to go to unity?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He might quit possibly be the most unprepared steward to defend himself or the members who elected him. I honestly think he should have gotten a lot of what he got, but when the union and the company got together and helped screw him at the panel they crossed a line. On top of that, they left a paper trail.

I have checked up on the guy a little and admire his stubbornness. Again I don't think he is smart at all, but stubborn.

That's a fair assessment. He actually posted a copy the company and the Union used at

his panel hearing. The company case was pretty brutal. (although missing parts)

The Union response was top notch, and what I would expect from an experienced Union rep.

So the blame has to lie at his feet.... his own actions caused his demise.

By the way you don't have to be rude and call me TDU. I am no more TDU than you are, from reading your posts I presume, of course.

Yeah.... that's kind of my "default setting".

Ask @Bubblehead :rolleyes:

I get defensive to criticism of people I know.... especially when it's mindless speculation.

You post some good observations, and I was surprised you're kind of new here.

-Bug-

Tony Q

That's a fair assessment. He actually posted a copy the company and the Union used at

his panel hearing. The company case was pretty brutal. (although missing parts)

The Union response was top notch, and what I would expect from an experienced Union rep.

So the blame has to lie at his feet.... his own actions caused his demise.

Yeah.... that's kind of my "default setting".

Ask @Bubblehead :rolleyes:

I get defensive to criticism of people I know.... especially when it's mindless speculation.

You post some good observations, and I was surprised you're kind of new here.

-Bug-
To the first part of your post I agree with most of it. To the second part, no hard feelings. Remember there is always someone bigger and tougher out there. I'm sure you have heard that saying somewhere before in your life! As far as your observations go, there are sometimes diamonds in the ruff. I am a cubic zirconia in a jewelry store in a bad part of town. There isn't a lot of good jewelry in this store, so I stand out, but I'm not worth much. Just a Teamster that has some perspectives to pass on down the line.

Tony Q

Not what the candid agents told me. Totally the opposite.

That's your experience not ours and we've filed on both sides.

"The union has a broad path to settle grievances any way they want to".

That statement makes me hate the BA. When this rep wakes up in hell he will then know why.

Crooked mother.
From someone in the establishment, I'm sorry for their actions. We aren't all bad.