it finally comes to this

10 point

A few yrs ago we worked at a center that helped community service and neglected kids.

At Christmas time we loaded everyone into a bus and took them caroling at nursing homes and to shut in elderly people's homes.
They had a blast.

Until the last stop....
at the juvenile court judge's house. Everyone got shy and wanted to be in the back row for some reason.

10 point

I was thinking more towards her sticking a ltr from an attorney in your stocking.
Not knit one and pearl two type of stockings.

Indecisi0n

You guys don't understand what is going on. This is deeper than its working Christmas. It's the erosion of this country due to greed. Capitalism at its finest. It should be illegal to open business on certain holidays just like in certain European counties.... You know the countries where every year polled they have the happiest citizens compared world wide.

Keep letting corporate greed erode your family and this country. It's sad to see this thanksgiving and Christmas Day stuff going, all to keep feeding our lust for crap we don't even need.

You guys who have nothing to do and don't want to be home, how about going to a soup kitchen to volunteer your time, or give a neighbor a hand doing some yard work. That used to be what this time of year was about, now it's just about ipads, tvs, and returning gifts some gave you that your greedy self doesn't want
I agree with this and would like to add that you are also showing the company that we as drivers don't mind working holidays. So next contract these days might be given back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with this and would like to add that you are also showing the company that we as drivers don't mind working holidays. So next contract these days might be given back.

I did ask my center manager his thoughts on what the company may give us in return for the loss of Black Friday in our 2018 contract. He doesn't think that we will get anything.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I did ask my center manager his thoughts on what the company may give us in return for the loss of Black Friday in our 2018 contract. He doesn't think that we will get anything.
He probably doesn't think we will get raises either. Then they are shocked to find out what we get when we ratify.

Ghost in the Darkness

I hear we will likely get a 5th optional as a trade off. Otherwise it would stay as it is and the company will try to keep us from getting OT that day. But you never know most likely our Union Local will just lay down like they normally do.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Our center manager stood in front of us during the PCM and stated for all to hear that the pay rate for working on the 25th is triple time.
they like to call it that, but we all know its double time for hours worked plus 8 straight for the holiday. or time and a half for hours worked depending on your local. same as black friday. also in local 804 and i think one other local (maybe philly?) there is language that's protects us from being forced to work on a contractual holiday.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You've been wrong on every contract "prediction " so far.

You really don't know how the negotiating process works apparently.