it sucks that you have to shave your beard to drive.

rod

Retired 22 years
If it makes you feel better UPS make the women drivers shave too.

I started growing my "winter" beard last Sept. I told the wife I'm not shaving it until we have two back to back days where the temperature gets above 40 degrees. From the way this winter is going I will look like one of those idiots on Duck Dynasty before it done.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Every Friday I look in the mirror and think to shave or not to shave. What's the worst they could do if I didn't shave...send me home?

The no shave thing is just ridiculous..
Imagine all the business we would lose if they changed that rule.." NO way am I using UPS anymore that man has bearD!"
"There's a name for people without beards....Women"

people dont care a damn about what there ups drivers looks like they just want there package....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The no shave thing is just ridiculous..
Imagine all the business we would lose if they changed that rule.." NO way am I using UPS anymore that man has bearD!"
"There's a name for people without beards....Women"

people dont care a damn about what there ups drivers looks like they just want there package....
There is a reason UPS Drivers are welcomed in the front office and professional buildings.
FedEx Express drivers have the same facial hair and appearance standards (I think) but FedEx Ground/Home apparently have none.
They would be asked to deliver through the back door of most professional businesses.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a reason UPS Drivers are welcomed in the front office and professional buildings.
FedEx Express drivers have the same facial hair and appearance standards (I think) but FedEx Ground/Home apparently have none.
They would be asked to deliver through the back door of most professional businesses.

Its because we are so professional:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But we are allowed to grow creeper mustaches.
I grow one once a year just to show how creepy I look. I'm a much better looking man when I cover my face with hair.

It's really something simple the company could give us and most drivers would look at it as a huge win come contract time.

rod

Retired 22 years
The "beard" thing has been around forever. I remember going to contract meetings in the 70's and there was always a couple of guys who stood up and demanded that the Union fight for the right of drivers to grow a beard. Basically it just isn't ever going to happen but feel free to fight for it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Incorrect. The FE driver that does the same area I do has a full beard and stache.

FedEx Express relaxed the rules a few years ago and beards became allowable (supposedly due to a lawsuit) as long as they were short and neatly trimmed. Now it's a free for all. Pretty soon the guys on Duck Dynasty will have some competition.