It's Not Global Warming

BrownArmy

This has nothing to do with farmers' payouts. And it's not a problem that'll be solved by just giving a group more money.

It’s funny though, you and others railed against Obama’s bailout of the auto industry, but it worked, and the auto industry paid the bailout back.

Trump’s ‘bailout’ of farmers is a bill that we all have to pay...it’s not gonna pay for itself.

Yet, you support Trump here.

I accuse you of PARTISANSHIP!

Lulz

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's a Grand Solar Minimum. The Sun goes through 11 year cycles with a solar maximum, then a solar minimum. The solar minimum is characterized by a lack of sun spot activity. Every once in awhile the solar minimums intensify and lengthen, called a Grand Solar Minimum. Most noted was the Maunder Minimum, which lasted about 70 years from 1640-1715. This period was noted for crop failures and famine. It's often referred to as the mini ice age. That doesn't mean glaciers coming down from the north but colder temps, big snow events, shorter growing seasons. Also in the 1800's was the Dalton minimum. And it appears we're entering a new grand solar minimum, estimated to possibly last until 2100. Technology may pull us through it, but it may be a disaster that kills much of the planet's population due to food shortages, and possible wars caused by the shortages. The cooling climate is why you don't hear much about global warming anymore, just climate change. And the intense snow storms we may see? They've experienced them in the 1800's and early 1900's too. I believe it was 1916 that New York State experienced a 37 day snow event. It's going to take some convincing to change the minds of the AOC's and IWBF's of the world, but if you research it you'll see this isn't speculation, it's happened before with regularity. All apart of what makes the climate tick, only this time with over 7 billion people.
You know that LibTurds can’t understand this.
Keep it at a 6th grade level if you want to have any chance at all.

BrownArmy

You know that LibTurds can’t understand this.
Keep it at a 6th grade level if you want to have any chance at all.

Seriously?

What Free-Candy Van-Man is posting is just one piece of the puzzle. Is it true?
Sure.

However.

I don’t find it credible that there is a cabal of scientists working with the media and government officials to engineer a take-down of capitalistic society.

I mean, for reals?

BrownArmy

More like a culture within the climate science community to ostracize differing opinions.

Science works on consensus, meaning anything published has gone through extensive peer reviews, etc.

Differing opinions get the same treatment.

If those differing opinions passed the gauntlet of extensive review by hundreds and hundreds of scientists, they wouldn’t be differing opinions.

I know, science is hard.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Science works on consensus, meaning anything published has gone through extensive peer reviews, etc.

Differing opinions get the same treatment.

If those differing opinions passed the gauntlet of extensive review by hundreds and hundreds of scientists, they wouldn’t be differing opinions.

I know, science is hard.
You don't seem to understand how research funding works.

But it's cool fren, carry on.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Seriously?

Sure.

However.

I don’t find it credible that there is a cabal of scientists working with the media and government officials to engineer a take-down of capitalistic society.

I mean, for reals?
Just mimicking the way your fellow LibTurbs (not that I consider you one) denigrate and make fun of Conservatives they don't agree with.
A little Tit-for Tat.
Remember this outrage you felt ... when you or your ilk say desultory things about Conservatives.

Both are silly, stupid and make the speaker look like a sleezy piece of s:censored2:t ... like Itzy, Sporty or MFE.

vantexan

It’s funny though, you and others railed against Obama’s bailout of the auto industry, but it worked, and the auto industry paid the bailout back.

Trump’s ‘bailout’ of farmers is a bill that we all have to pay...it’s not gonna pay for itself.

Yet, you support Trump here.

I accuse you of PARTISANSHIP!

Lulz
Sometimes you're just more stupid than normal. Look at the big picture man. I'm not talking about Trump, or government programs. I'm talking about we appear to be entering a long period of short growing seasons and crop failures. The climate change advocates have it wrong in what's happening, and we'd better get it right. The last time there was a solar minimum this serious the world had a much smaller population. Could well be that the tropics will be the safest place on Earth to live.

vantexan

Seriously?

Sure.

However.

I mean, for reals?
Actually a couple of years ago there were some major scientists caught fudging numbers on climate change be a they couldn't make the math work. Don't ask me for specifics, I'm sure you can find it on Google.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Your status is out of date.
We have been on the new server since last Sunday night and it bombed and crashed the server.
The developer is working on it and hopefully a fix will be included in a future maintenance release.
I used Google search as a work-around and by putting ‘brown cafe’ and the forum (current events) in the search, I found the thread I was looking for.

Its Matt from the UK fault. I told @cheryl she should have used a Russian Matt

vantexan

I've run into other people predicting the same things. Also some who think that the greenhouse gases we've released might help mitigate the cooling. It would be wise to start planning to farm currently non-arable land as it starts to become arable with the increased rains.
Concerning greenhouse gases, look up CO2 emissions from volcanic activity. And quality farmland is about all taken. Arable land is land that will sustain crops year after year. We might get around this problem with giant greenhouses everywhere. It will take leadership that goes against the accepted dogma. Eventually I think we'll see the government invest in technology that will overcome the problem if they can get past the religious fervor of the Left. From what I've read we may see a large displacement of population from our northern states.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Concerning greenhouse gases, look up CO2 emissions from volcanic activity. And quality farmland is about all taken. Arable land is land that will sustain crops year after year. We might get around this problem with giant greenhouses everywhere. It will take leadership that goes against the accepted dogma. Eventually I think we'll see the government invest in technology that will overcome the problem if they can get past the religious fervor of the Left. From what I've read we may see a large displacement of population from our northern states.
By far, the most serious greenhouse gas is water vapor ... all the other gases are insignificant compared to H²O.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The point is that as the weather patterns change, land that is not arable now can and will become arable. As for technology, I was watching a video about infusing desert land with microscopic clay to support mycorrhiza and begin building soil into the sand. Between that and regenerative agriculture we stand a chance at maintaining food production at levels high enough to support our population.

As for energy production, when enough people start having a hard time staying warm, resistance to newer nuclear technology and geothermal will start to drop and we'll have those bases covered. Being too warm isn't enough of a motivator to come up with cheaper and cleaner energy solutions, but being too cold sure will be. If we get that licked, green houses and aquaponic systems may become more viable as well. But that's just me, and I prefer to remain optimistic.

BrownArmy

Please continue to read.
It will help you understand and recognize Fake Science. :punk:

I have no issues with Science.

I do have issues with folk who call real Science 'fake news'.

It's not a heavy lift...

If the idea is that scientists are faking it, for some reason that makes no sense, OK.

By all means, enjoy the idea that Scientists are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

watdaflock?

It's a Grand Solar Minimum. The Sun goes through 11 year cycles with a solar maximum, then a solar minimum. The solar minimum is characterized by a lack of sun spot activity. Every once in awhile the solar minimums intensify and lengthen, called a Grand Solar Minimum. Most noted was the Maunder Minimum, which lasted about 70 years from 1640-1715. This period was noted for crop failures and famine. It's often referred to as the mini ice age. That doesn't mean glaciers coming down from the north but colder temps, big snow events, shorter growing seasons. Also in the 1800's was the Dalton minimum. And it appears we're entering a new grand solar minimum, estimated to possibly last until 2100. Technology may pull us through it, but it may be a disaster that kills much of the planet's population due to food shortages, and possible wars caused by the shortages. The cooling climate is why you don't hear much about global warming anymore, just climate change. And the intense snow storms we may see? They've experienced them in the 1800's and early 1900's too. I believe it was 1916 that New York State experienced a 37 day snow event. It's going to take some convincing to change the minds of the AOC's and IWBF's of the world, but if you research it you'll see this isn't speculation, it's happened before with regularity. All apart of what makes the climate tick, only this time with over 7 billion people.

Grand Solar Minimum says nothing about rising CO2 emissions. All but one of the 16 hottest years in NASA’s 134-year record have occurred since 2000.

Intense snow storms nowadays are more frequent because of global warming. More large rain storms from the South randomly mixing with cold alberta clippers from the North.
220px-MN_weatherpatterns.svg.png

Hope this helps.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If the idea is that scientists are faking it, for some reason that makes no sense, OK.

By all means, enjoy the idea that Scientists are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Most people like to have a job, including scientists.

It's hard to get funding when your research doesn't point to a crisis that needs to be averted, particularly when your field of study does not produce anything that can be commercialized.

The 97% consensus is a sham perpetrated by politicians, based on a study of published papers about climate that expressed any position on the impact humans have on climate. Meaning that papers that did not make any connections between human activity and climate were not included in the meta-analysis. Of all the ones that did, 3% expressed a position that humans made no impact on the climate. The rest were a mix of differing levels of certainty on the impact of human activity on the climate, and whether that impact was net positive or negative. Only a small percentage expressed that humans' impact on climate was so disastrous that it requires immediate attention. That's not really a consensus, and this claim has been around for a long time, regardless of what has been happening with the climate.

True scientists are not in the business of making value judgments about their data or conclusions. But when politicians secure funding to fight the invisible dragon of "climate catastrophe" in an attempt to maintain or increase their power, scientists would be shooting themselves in the foot to correct said politicians. So much so that they will ostracize any fellow scientists who dare attempt to kill their golden goose.

The claim that climate change is bad and must be addressed is not one that can be evaluated with the scientific method. Belief otherwise is to assert the position of scientism, that science is the only way through which we can gain knowledge of the world. This is clearly an incorrect assertion. Science is maybe the greatest tool we have to assist us in our understanding of the physical world, but it has its limitations

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Grand Solar Minimum says nothing about rising CO2 emissions. All but one of the 16 hottest years in NASA’s 134-year record have occurred since 2000.

Intense snow storms nowadays are more frequent because of global warming. More large rain storms from the South randomly mixing with cold alberta clippers from the North.
220px-MN_weatherpatterns.svg.png

Hope this helps.

How long has NASA been around? If you actually examine the records and don't rely on NASA's creative accounting of previous data, you will see that the hottest years were in the 1930's. The hottest years in the past couple of decades haven't hit the same kind of temperatures that led to the dust bowl. Hope this helps.