It's Not In MY Budget

Goldilocks

Sage advice. I handle things the same way on my route. Nobody has my cell phone number, and I never call anyone at FedEx on it because they can use Caller ID to get the number. I agree that this is a superb way to screw things up, because FedEx depends on most of you to "make-up the difference" by using your cell phone to cover the knowledge and operational shortcomings of the way Express "works".

There are many situations that can be resolved with a quick phone call, which is precisely why you should NOT use your cell phone. As R1a says, send a message to Dispatch and put it all on them. FedEx routinely expects you to use your phone, at no cost to them. In fact. I have had managers demand my cell number, and I always tell them that "FedEx is welcome to provide me with a phone". In fact, they sometimes DO provide phones to RTDs, many of whom refuse to give out their numbers, forcing management's hand.

Anything you do to disrupt the communication process slows the operation down and results in non-delivered and/or late packages. Plus, "overloading" a system that is already broken can pay some outstanding dividends in terms of operational chaos. By overtasking everyone, Express management has created a scenario where it takes very little to make it explode.

Stop using your phone. If they already have your number, block theirs, or just don't answer. You're under no obligation to use any personal communication device for FedEx purposes.

And that goes for the CSA's calling us at home looking for a package....

Ricochet1a

He wanted my cell phone #, not the station #.

If a customer asks for your phone number...

"The number which I can be contacted for business purposes is 1-800-GoFedEx. I have a trained representative which will take your call and forward your inquiry to the appropriate individual which can best serve your needs. In the event there is something which I, personally need to attend to, I will be contacted by my dispatcher in order to provide you with the best service that FedEx has decided that you deserve based upon the revenue you generate for the company."

hypo hanna

If a customer asks for your phone number...

"The number which I can be contacted for business purposes is 1-800-GoFedEx. I have a trained representative which will take your call and forward your inquiry to the appropriate individual which can best serve your needs. In the event there is something which I, personally need to attend to, I will be contacted by my dispatcher in order to provide you with the best service that FedEx has decided that you deserve based upon the revenue you generate for the company."

This is correct and just another way to work as directed. My sources tell me that just as the processes to handle customer complaints are breaking down, the number of complaints are steadily rising.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is correct and just another way to work as directed. My sources tell me that just as the processes to handle customer complaints are breaking down, the number of complaints are steadily rising.

We, the new Call Center agents of FedEx. world's bestest companies, are being VERY upset with you for making the big fun of our most excellent services to the customer!! We have had 5 hours of the bestest ,most intensifiying, and dramatic training in order to understand how to bestest service them and direct them to use the most wonderfulest FedEx service, which is Ground. When a customer calls US, they getting the biggest qualities and bestest informations anywhere!!! Phooey on all of you who thinking we are no good and we stick pins in voodoo doll to make bad things happen if you keep making the fun of us. Hah!!

vantexan

We, the new Call Center agents of FedEx. world's bestest companies, are being VERY upset with you for making the big fun of our most excellent services to the customer!! We have had 5 hours of the bestest ,most intensifiying, and dramatic training in order to understand how to bestest service them and direct them to use the most wonderfulest FedEx service, which is Ground. When a customer calls US, they getting the biggest qualities and bestest informations anywhere!!! Phooey on all of you who thinking we are no good and we stick pins in voodoo doll to make bad things happen if you keep making the fun of us. Hah!!

​Are you a racist?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​Are you a racist?

No...are you? I'm simply pointing-out the ludicrous nature of outsourcing customer service to foreign countries where bad English is the general rule of thumb.Poking fun at poor English skills is not racism, but if you think it is, go right ahead and believe it. Maybe O'Reilly said it was.

hypo hanna

They are kinda thin skinned when you call them on their bad English. They really get upset when you call them on their fake names. Jim from El Salvador, really?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They are kinda thin skinned when you call them on their bad English. They really get upset when you call them on their fake names. Jim from El Salvador, really?

Very true. Sanjit becomes "Bob", and Jesus becomes " Tom". Happens all the time, because Americans can't handle "foreigners" on the phone. Watch the movie "Outsourcing" if you want a good laugh, and a pretty accurate portrayal of the way outsourcing works.

vantexan

No...are you? I'm simply pointing-out the ludicrous nature of outsourcing customer service to foreign countries where bad English is the general rule of thumb.Poking fun at poor English skills is not racism, but if you think it is, go right ahead and believe it. Maybe O'Reilly said it was.

I've talked to plenty of English speakers from India, the Philippines, etc. It's not bad English, it's their English, with different inflections, accents, etc. Do you realize when you are talking to them that they are up in the middle of the night over there? That many see very little of the sun because of their work hours? They aren't stealing American jobs, they are taking what's offered in their own country. Blame the corporations, but people working long hours dealing with irate customers and getting paid poorly aren't the enemy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've talked to plenty of English speakers from India, the Philippines, etc. It's not bad English, it's their English, with different inflections, accents, etc. Do you realize when you are talking to them that they are up in the middle of the night over there? That many see very little of the sun because of their work hours? They aren't stealing American jobs, they are taking what's offered in their own country. Blame the corporations, but people working long hours dealing with irate customers and getting paid poorly aren't the enemy.

They are just doing what they have to do...I agree with that. Many foreigners (especially Indians) speak perfect English, but it's so heavily accented that understanding them is virtually impossible. There is also some very bad English out there at Call Centers. Isn't this the "Free Market" at work again, where corporations (like FedEx) go wherever they can to find the cheapest available labor to do the job? I agree that Corporate America is the enemy in this situation, but you cherry-pick your arguments as to the means by which these same "titans of industry" run the US, where they are also the enemy. FOX, and the GOP, are all for Corporate America all the time, and that's OK with you, but on the other hand you "call out" these same people as being the ones creating situations as the ones you describe in India, The Philippines etc.

amirmashor

hello sir.
my name is amir mashor.
i'm from Brunei Darussalam.

i really need help buying good from amazon usa..the item tht i want to but is ps3 game and ps4 game..
i try to buy from amazon but the item can't shipped to my country..i seriously need help..i try many people who can help me but they said can't....

can you buy for me and shipped to my country using fedex and i will pay u using paypal....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
hello sir.
my name is amir mashor.

i really need help buying good from amazon usa..the item tht i want to but is ps3 game and ps4 game..
i try to buy from amazon but the item can't shipped to my country..i seriously need help..i try many people who can help me but they said can't....

can you buy for me and shipped to my country using fedex and i will pay u using paypal....

Is this really the Prince of Nigeria?

vantexan

hello sir.
my name is amir mashor.

​One of our rotund writer's new aliases?

vantexan

They are just doing what they have to do...I agree with that. Many foreigners (especially Indians) speak perfect English, but it's so heavily accented that understanding them is virtually impossible. There is also some very bad English out there at Call Centers. Isn't this the "Free Market" at work again, where corporations (like FedEx) go wherever they can to find the cheapest available labor to do the job? I agree that Corporate America is the enemy in this situation, but you cherry-pick your arguments as to the means by which these same "titans of industry" run the US, where they are also the enemy. FOX, and the GOP, are all for Corporate America all the time, and that's OK with you, but on the other hand you "call out" these same people as being the ones creating situations as the ones you describe in India, The Philippines etc.

My "racist" comment was just pointing out that you belittle the way they speak. I can say this until I'm blue in the face but you refuse to listen. I'm for thriving big business that provides full employment with good opportunities to advance and have a better life. I'm not for a business climate that by hook or crook squeezes profits out at the expense of it's employees. Taxing corporations through the nose and other confiscatory laws that are implemented by those who resent the wealthy do more to create a vicious environment where we all suffer than anything else I can imagine short of communism. I've pointed out how to combat what modern capitalism has to devolved to by cutting off the 401k funds that fund the nonsense we put up with. But you don't want to do anything that might mess with your nest egg. So what it all comes down to is degree of wealth and you aren't satisfied with your's. And it makes you angry.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My "racist" comment was just pointing out that you belittle the way they speak. I can say this until I'm blue in the face but you refuse to listen. I'm for thriving big business that provides full employment with good opportunities to advance and have a better life. I'm not for a business climate that by hook or crook squeezes profits out at the expense of it's employees. Taxing corporations through the nose and other confiscatory laws that are implemented by those who resent the wealthy do more to create a vicious environment where we all suffer than anything else I can imagine short of communism. I've pointed out how to combat what modern capitalism has to devolved to by cutting off the 401k funds that fund he nonsense we put up with. But you don't want to do anything that might mess with your nest egg. So what it all comes down to is degree of wealth and you aren't satisfied with your's. And it makes you angry.

OK, now I'm really confused because Conservatives are usually for the by "hook or crook" method. The ends justify the means seems to be their credo, and they don't care if anyone "advances or has a better life". Your Chairman wants you to live like a Ground driver...and he's succeeding. So are a lot of other companies with the same philosophy of "Yes, this is a :censored2: job...take it or leave it".