It's peak what time did you punch out???

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Started at 915, left building at 940. 130 stops, straight air and priority deliveries til 1045, started my route. Got a flat at 1230, tire truck at 100, tire truck left at 130. Punched out at 2000. Had drivers with ETAs of 11:30.
We dont have enough trucks, drivers, helpers, or uniforms for the helpers.
I gave them a hint. This yr Christmas will fall on December 25th. And if past is any predictor, it might next yr also. Put it in the suggestion box that next yr it would be nice to plan ahead. Right after the turkey day thing, we will get heavy.
Boss met me at 500 to pick up my air. With another driver. They still had 40 left in anice town, I had 50. They didnt take any work, coz they didnt know where they were going, and I do. I said yes but there are two of you, and one of me, and you are in a elite neighborhood, and Im not. Its ok boys, Ill handle it.

gostillerz

08:30 start, done at 21:20. 220 stops, (150 sig req'd) 30 pickups, 85 packages plus 7 bags for the post office. Last year at this time I was dropping 30 there. Lunch and break once I got back to the center. Another guy had 170 for the post office not counting bags. Surepost is getting out of hand.

C

chuchu

08:30 start, done at 21:20. 220 stops, (150 sig req'd) 30 pickups, 85 packages plus 7 bags for the post office. Last year at this time I was dropping 30 there. Lunch and break once I got back to the center. Another guy had 170 for the post office not counting bags. Surepost is getting out of hand.
Had almost 500 on delivery (178 Sure Last with 20 bags to boot), about 120 del stops, over 200 p/up pcs. Clocked off around 2015. Took my lunch btwn the 3rd & 6th hr like the contract says. They come and get the rest of the missed pcs. Their man made emergency is NOT my emergency.

iruhnman630

20:50.

137 stops 140+ miles. Gave up about 50 resi stops at 18:30.

Delivered 214 pkgs + bags to the post office, which I left at 11:00 having finished only that stop and 1 nda. Spent much of the next hour searching for packages since the rest of my load had been crammed into the first half of the car to make room for the post office.

satellitedriver

Its your fault ups is not profitable...you get all the profit:wink2:
I could not do that every day,you must be one tough (tired?) mother
Ha,ha.
I am not tough, just dedicated.
Blame my mother and father for putting that damned work ethic into my psyche.
Punched at 22:40 tonight.

satellitedriver

UH..I'm now retired....woke up @ 7:00 AM......read the paper........watched my college -aged daughters go to work or school....did some housework...(laundry, general cleaning)...fed the cats....went outside to fill the bird feeders.......cleaned up some flower beds....made a few phone calls.....made some chili.........took a 45 minute nap......looked over my mail......made a few more phone calls.....went on the internet, looking for cyber- Monday deals.....took my mother-in -law grocery shopping...bought a lottery ticket...put gas in the vehicle......talked to my attorney......made several e-mails....made home-made mac & cheese for my daughters..watched some TV.......walked to the mail box......read a magazine.......registered for an online poker tournament...proofread one of my daughters assignments....folded the laundry I forgot about in the dryer....drank a few beers......played w/ the cats.....lost in the poker tournament

I hate peak season
BB, I use to like you.
Now, I am rethinking my position.
:peaceful:

bigbrownhen

Start at 855, left bldg at 920. 187 stps, 115 miles. out at 2015. My day was going pretty well, eta 1915, another driver broke down, so two of us took some off him. Monday was worse. I had a split of rurual rts. All in town today. Much better. Smart post is getting crazy. After air, have to go there first, 60 bags and pcs for them.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Started at 0915, left bldg at 0930, 177 stops, 545 pieces, 28 pickups, 200 pieces, used helper for 3.99 hours, punched out at 1815.

For some reason I picture in my mind, a room full of helpers (caddies), picking straws to see who has to help (caddy for) Upstate (Judge Smails). :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Worked till 7am, got paid till almost 8am to talk to a manager who asked my opinion of how things were going in the yard.

So will he straighten everything out for tonight? I'm surprised that chat only took an hour.
I was out all last night (for a change), so I have no idea how our yard was.