It's peak what time did you punch out???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Start time 8:50 punched out at 9:49 an even 100 stops 308 miles. Broke route with 10 stops and a pick up left to drive to the center and refuel because the gas stations on my route wouldn't accept a credit card number written on a piece of paper imagine that.

UPSGUY72

Yesterday I had 219 stops and a helper for 8 hrs punched out at 7:21. Today on the same route I had 142 stops no helper punched out at 5:20.

brown bomber

brown bomber
oh, well......that's logistics........or logistomatics.........or the other guy feeding numbers into the computer......to make the logistic whores.....look pretty

old levi's

blank space
Start time 8:50 punched out at 9:49 an even 100 stops 308 miles. Broke route with 10 stops and a pick up left to drive to the center and refuel because the gas stations on my route wouldn't accept a credit card number written on a piece of paper imagine that.
Well those sumbeaches!

brownelf

Almost ran out of hrs this week, worked past 8pm everyday. 19+hrs OT this week a new record:knockedout: the hot tub felt good this am.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
They actually have a sheet with a plan for if I get to 300 stops.

Says I can have a helper for 12 hours when I get that many, LOL

By the way I am over 1 hour from the building, this would at best be a planed over 14 hour day.

No I wont ever get that many stops, but how funny is it that they plan like that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Broke route with 10 stops and a pick up left to drive to the center and refuel because the gas stations on my route wouldn't accept a credit card number written on a piece of paper imagine that.

My son works in a gas station and a package car pulled in yesterday and tried to get gas. A credit card number written on a piece of paper and the Center Manager on the phone just didn't cut it. Company policy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At that point I would have used my own credit card, turned in the receipt and been reimbursed out of petty cash back at the center.

Indecisi0n

My son works in a gas station and a package car pulled in yesterday and tried to get gas. A credit card number written on a piece of paper and the Center Manager on the phone just didn't cut it. Company policy.

Lol, i had to do that before. My gas card was declined after racking up 100+ in gas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yesterday: Exhausted as I clocked out at 1900 with 11.50 hours.

I had 2 conf calls and two meetings.
Found a black stapler but not my red stapler ... "Do you have my red stapler?"
Worked thru lunch on a problem in Russia (they did away with Daylight Savings time).
Submitted an REI for the test environment.
Looked for my red stapler some more ... "Do you have my red stapler?"
Checked my time card for MIP and saw that I maxed out 401k for the year - $16,500 for regular and $5500 for over 50 catch-up.

BCFan

start everyday 8:45 leave building around about 9:20 (barring any union work) return about 20:20 150 stops 200 pcs 130 miles and a 7 hour helper ,oh and 1 pick up 5-10 pcs..but I drive the correct speed limit and work as SAFELY as possible...too old here to get hurt takes to long to heal...driving new center manager crazy here...he has already had phyical contact (agressive behavior) with another driver from his (ctr mgr) inability to cope with the stress of running a ctr at peak!!! where in the world do division mgrs go to find these jack legs? BC

over9five

Staff member
It seems to be a very stressful Peak, and so EARLY in Peak. I saw two Management people screaming at each other last night. One threatened to fire the other one. I thought it might come to blows.

Also a different management person bitchin another one out over the radio. In this case, one remained entirely professional and suggested the other one use the phone instead.

Never seen it like this. I'm sure it's happened before, but the newstyle managers don't seem to know how to "keep it private".

Let`s see:
Two days behind on loads. Word is like a million+ service failures.

Contractor companies threatening to pull their drivers because we`re not giving them loads to move per their contract and their drivers are sitting around.

We`re on a permanent paid lunch if we want it through Peak.

Now they`ve pulled a "Hey you can work 70 hours as long as hours 60-70 are done on property" ruling. Don`t think I`m going to take them up on that.

The only thing going in their favor is that the weather has been mild. One good snowstorm and they might as well torch the place for the insurance.

over9five

Staff member
We`re on a permanent paid lunch if we want it through Peak.

Now they`ve pulled a "Hey you can work 70 hours as long as hours 60-70 are done on property" ruling. Don`t think I`m going to take them up on that.

The only thing going in their favor is that the weather has been mild. One good snowstorm and they might as well torch the place for the insurance.

Lol, I had 4 paid lunches this week.

HERE, shifting is inside (not driving) work. They can force us to shift after 60, but they haven't yet. It would have to be the last day of your work week, you still need ten hours off between shifts. I was actually wondering if they'd do that to me last night, but they got me punched out just under 60.

Told them that at hour 61 I would auger a trailer into the division managers car "because of fatigue conditions". Wasn`t asked again.

Made it out at 52 hours for the week.