Its Time to come together!

On another note look on the international slate. Look how many actually worked for ups it's not many. Why is this? How can they truly understand how ups people feel when there is so many of us a d so few of them who have actually worked for the single largest employer of teamsters.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
All Ihave to say is:

Fight the overdispatch, cut routes being dessolved into already loaded routes.

Fight the time allowances so we can actually work safe and not just remember safety methodes and not just sign safety papers !!!

We need better time allowances, more routes and need to gety home at a decent time for family! We need to insure all routes and drivers have REAL breaks, and a REAL Lunch with a TRUE mid work day lunch @ least 20 30 mins.

We are what we allow. Stop the whinning and start doing something. put pressure on your locals cause 2013 is right around the corner. Every thread I C that even mentions contract will C the repeat posting of what is said here !!!!! I don't care if people R tired of hearing it !!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are being killed with crazy dispatches because it is more cost effective to have less drivers on the road and pay them overtime than it is to pay another driver or 3 to come into work. Yes you pay crazy overtime, but your cost for vehicles, fuel and equipment are more so it is cheaper in the end to pay the OT. Bottomline is more important that your family time. (to them)

It's always been like that and they use to run extra cars when it was necessary....what's so different now??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All Ihave to say is:

Fight the overdispatch, cut routes being dessolved into already loaded routes.

Fight the time allowances so we can actually work safe and not just remember safety methodes and not just sign safety papers !!!

We need better time allowances, more routes and need to gety home at a decent time for family! We need to insure all routes and drivers have REAL breaks, and a REAL Lunch with a TRUE mid work day lunch @ least 20 30 mins.

We are what we allow. Stop the whinning and start doing something. put pressure on your locals cause 2013 is right around the corner. Every thread I C that even mentions contract will C the repeat posting of what is said here !!!!! I don't care if people R tired of hearing it !!

Aren't you the one that can smoke any route out there...I agree with what your saying, some good points but the allowances will never get better if people are running and skipping corners.....UPS averages are out of wacky..I've even heard center manager level folks say this....needs to finally be addressed...even if rhe union doesn't recognized them

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Aren't you the one that can smoke any route out there...I agree with what your saying, some good points but the allowances will never get better if people are running and skipping corners.....UPS averages are out of wacky..I've even heard center manager level folks say this....needs to finally be addressed...even if rhe union doesn't recognized them

I'm still in my prime. The question is, can I still smoke a rte. when I'm 55-65 yrs old. I honestly don't think I'll have that ability at this pace. I'm true to what I C. and don't like it !!!

I once was blind, but now I C, Amen.

I take breaks but sick of the nagging on time!!!!! I'm tired of the Hipocracy of safety and then of numbers. Which one do they really want. I know what I want I wish we all would stand up and start acting like we have a UNION and Are responsable for driver and public saftey , not just safety paperwork and speeches !!!!!!!!!

Also, outside of the Union, we have laws on lunch breaks !!! So why do we have these issues still. Cause we have weak drivers that come into work 2 hrs early and work for free, etc......

I hope that there are enough drivers out there that agree to my rant and wake up for the 2013 contract. We have more ability to change things than we think but it might come at a cost of smaller raises. After all, We do have to take Ecomomy into the factor !!!!!!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Our BA is absolutely bad ass.

The only difference between our BA and a pit bull on crystal meth is that the pit bull will unlock its jaws off of a management person once you cut its head off.
That would be pretty much the opposite of our B.A. He plays golf with the labor guy. He definitely takes care of himself. The rest of his time is spent worrying about the next election.

There is only so far they can push people.
and they haven't reached it yet

at least as far as the idiots who will do it are concerned

why would they stop as long as the majority will do it

they know that the majority of teamsters will bitch about it and do it and from a business standpoint why would they stop

Coldworld

60 months and counting
and they haven't reached it yet

at least as far as the idiots who will do it are concerned

why would they stop as long as the majority will do it

they know that the majority of teamsters will bitch about it and do it and from a business standpoint why would they stop

Thats the beautiful thing about the "allowance" system. they can change it on a dime(and they do)and then add a little tweak in the technology(keyless, EDD) which would add 10% more efficiency in the "real world" but then expect 40% more in the IE world.IMO this is where a majority of the problems lie with ups. I want this company to succeed, but this isnt the way to do it for a long term solution. I really hope the language gets stronger on this kind of thing...on the bul!SH(T rides, the harassment, the numbers..imo this should be number one on the list next year to get fixed or at least as close as possible. You dont write someone up for not grabbing a handrail once or twice, you dont suspend someone for not knowing 5 next stops in a row and you sure in he(( dont fire someone for having 2 missed airs, If you take thinks from their perspective everyone isnt doing everything 100% of the time....there is ALWAYS something that could be done differently, should you be fired or harassed for it. Nobody is perfect even those making 30 bucks an hour...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The union enforcing the current contract is more important than anything new coming into the next contract. The current contract is not enforced properly.