It's time. What is the outcome of the election going to be

Will Oz win?

• Total voters
It won’t matter about Canada
Screenshot_20211119-062947.png

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
that low % turnout in the USA and the even lower % turnout in Canada sends a very interesting message to UPS Management as to how weak internally the Teamsters are. There was no local whose % turnout was acceptable... Good luck organizing Amazon and Federal ......over and out
It’s not just UPS teamsters that can vote. UPS doesn’t know what percentage of their employees voted.

So, Kiss off.

Helping slightly.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
that low % turnout in the USA and the even lower % turnout in Canada sends a very interesting message to UPS Management as to how weak internally the Teamsters are. There was no local whose % turnout was acceptable... Good luck organizing Amazon and Federal ......over and out

The only people that matter are the ones who voted, it would be fair to say that with last three elections (2011 / 20 %...2016 / 17 % and 2021 / 15 %) voter participation... guarantee that the same members voted on all three and the contracts... those declining numbers could be contributed to retirees.

We all forget it was not a UPS only election, the other collective bargaining units were probably more apathetic. It was a leadership issue not a rank and file one...I still remember that when they ousted Carey and Hoffa was placed in office the Company statement about they could work with him, and work with him they did. I even have doubts if Hoffa was ever in charge...Hall might of been the one behind the curtain pulling the strings.

This election return was no surprise to anyone...even the Company knew that they will be dealing with a younger, smarter negotiating committee in the 2023 contract. The overwhelming landslide is a clear indicator of a rank and file support, I expect that there will be distributing of power to the local unions, none of this big brother directives from the ivory tower.

We will have to see if the Oz crew will want to start early on the next contract.. This COVID pandemic and it’s effect on our work environments and our economy will drive improvements in starting wages, healthcare and pension equity.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

The only people that matter are the ones who voted, it would be fair to say that with last three elections (2011 / 20 %...2016 / 17 % and 2021 / 15 %) voter participation... guarantee that the same members voted on all three and the contracts... those declining numbers could be contributed to retirees.

We all forget it was not a UPS only election, the other collective bargaining units were probably more apathetic. It was a leadership issue not a rank and file one...I still remember that when they ousted Carey and Hoffa was placed in office the Company statement about they could work with him, and work with him they did. I even have doubts if Hoffa was ever in charge...Hall might of been the one behind the curtain pulling the strings.

This election return was no surprise to anyone...even the Company knew that they will be dealing with a younger, smarter negotiating committee in the 2023 contract. The overwhelming landslide is a clear indicator of a rank and file support, I expect that there will be distributing of power to the local unions, none of this big brother directives from the ivory tower.

We will have to see if the Oz crew will want to start early on the next contract.. This COVID pandemic and it’s effect on our work environments and our economy will drive improvements in starting wages, healthcare and pension equity.
The distribution of power to the local only helps us if the local running well. Local elections matter too.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It was far from a low turnout..
Personnel structure. UPS employs approximately 444,000 staff: 362,000 in the U.S. and 82,000 internationally.

1 out of 40 are management. So somewhere around 300000 have the possibility to vote... Over 200000 voted. Which is 2/3 of the voter group.

Oopppsss just found this.. UPS employs 260,000 Teamsters, so only 60000 didn't vote...

Whither

Scofflaw
Personnel structure. UPS employs approximately 444,000 staff: 362,000 in the U.S. and 82,000 internationally.

1 out of 40 are management. So somewhere around 300000 have the possibility to vote... Over 200000 voted. Which is 2/3 of the voter group.

Oopppsss just found this.. UPS employs 260,000 Teamsters, so only 60000 didn't vote...

You're forgetting, we UPS Teamsters make up about 1/4 of the total Teamster membership. It was poor turnout.

WTFm8

That’s a lot of math and research to fail to realize the counts weren’t just UPS, it was for ALL Teamster members regardless of company.

boxerdan

That’s a lot of math and research to fail to realize the counts weren’t just UPS, it was for ALL Teamster members regardless of company.
not to mention that in RTW states a substantial amount of upsers might not be teamsters.

Speaking of which, I'd expect the turnout to be higher in RTW states, seeing as 100% of members choose to join the union, whereas here a good deal of the membership's only interaction with the union is through dues deduction.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The railroad teamsters had a pitiful turnout which doesn’t surprise me…wife’s uncle was an engineer before he retired and he said that they weren’t that excited when they became teamsters…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I liked the statement that Sean O’Brien put out on the website after the slate won…the words “militant” and “full contact” got my attention…hopefully he will follow through with the tough talk.