I've done it now....

Sent the retirement package in today, monday I will be an ExUPS driver. With just 21+ a few months, the money isn't that great but I had no future as a driver anyway. The Doc's don't have much hope if fixing my back to return.
The way I have it figured, at my age, I wasn't going to make 30 anyway. At least I am getting out before it's wheel chair time.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
Sent the retirement package in today, monday I will be an ExUPS driver. With just 21+ a few months, the money isn't that great but I had no future as a driver anyway. The Doc's don't have much hope if fixing my back to return.
The way I have it figured, at my age, I wasn't going to make 30 anyway. At least I am getting out before it's wheel chair time.

Curious, how old are you? I'm 34 and just getting started, Pre-loader and Air Driver. Will probably be PT for another five years before I get a full time bid. That puts me at 40 when I start driving

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You're doing the right thing, don't ever look back. The minute I can walk out this hole I'll be right there with ya.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're doing the right thing, don't ever look back. The minute I can walk out this hole I'll be right there with ya.

Jones, the difference being that you will walk out on your own terms. Tex does not have that option.

Tex, I know that you wanted to come back, but your health is far more important than this or any job. Have you thought about what you want to do?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones, the difference being that you will walk out on your own terms. Tex does not have that option.

Tex, I know that you wanted to come back, but your health is far more important than this or any job. Have you thought about what you want to do?
Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves now....:happy-very:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
More power to you brother! You can make more money anywhere, you can't make more time. Enjoy all of it.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Congrats to you. My wife just collected her first UPS retirement check this month. She also had 21 years in. I was amazed that they processed her paperwork so fast. She sent it in about the middle of October and the check was in the bank on the 1st of November.

tarbar66

A couple of years from now you'll wonder why you start to dream about UPS things. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got a new friend Model. I have no idea why?

bigbrownhen

Life will take us in a direction we may not want to go, but the journey may just be what we need after all. Have faith in the road put before you. Best wishes and enjoy what it will bring you.:happy-very:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Trplnkl: I hope you have a great retirement! I heard in 1987 when I started with the Airline: "UPS is not for everyone": and I knew an Admin that once said: " You earn your money from UPS EVERY DAY". She was so correct.

Best Wishes!!!

tieguy

Banned
Your health is more important. I have a feeling you're bright enough to find something to amuse you.:happy-very:

Good luck and best wishs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Trp, I know you have not been looking forward to this day for a few reasons. I believe that things are as they are meant to be. Your health is the most important and DW as well. Everything else will work out. UPS will survive without you. You have given alot. Now it's your turn. Enjoy life and HEY........... sleep once in awhile. It's good for the soul. :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In 7 years, 3 months and 9 days....I will take 14 weeks of vacation and never come back. At that point I will be 50 yrs old and have 30 years in, which will qualify me for PEER 80.

At least that is my plan...but often times, life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Geez Sober, you are only 43. I am to fricking old and I can't retire any time soon and I doubt that I will make 20 yrs. When I think about this.................... it really SUCKS!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Trp,
Sorry you had to leave because of an injury. One of my coworkers had to do the same thing because of his back. He thought feeders was the way to go, but he still couldn't do the job. Now he sells BMWs, and couldn't be happier. I know that you will find something out there to keep you busy.
I have 27 in, and have to work 10 more to get full medical. Crappy Central states.......