Jackets . . .

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
While at lunch today as we sat moaning about how crappy the weather was our discussion turned towards the issue of jackets. Specifically jackets for the spring/fall seasons. Here in Canada we can get numerous styles of winter jackets but UPS offers nothing in the way of, say, a windbreaker or a light coat. Personally, I have been keeping my eye out for a brown windbreaker but I have found nothing yet.

So I was just wondering what you guys wear.

xkingx

they have the vests still...here we use the shell of the winter jacket..Theyre actually water proof now...I wear it instead of the winter jacket which makes me look like a linebacker

brett636

Its been about a year since I recieved my jackets. I've got a thin "shell" type jacket, a vest, and a winter coat. All of these zip up into the shell jacket which I wear on most days unless it gets real cold.

keith lestrange

i dont usually wear my ups issue jacket when it gets really cold or wet-i was fortunate to find a brown outdoor jacket and i put a ups logo on the front !! my sup saw it and thought it was a regulation jacket,some other drivers asked me what code is that jacket to order same-but i just said it was a limited edt just for meeeeeeeeee:thumbup1:

browned_out

I have 3 jackets-one is the winter jacket that has 3m insulation for warmth (don't wear in the rain), the second is the "rain" jacket although its really water resistant and does not do much good in a downpour, the third jacket I purchased many years ago is a rain slick/poncho from a Ups catalog this have been my lifesaver on many ocassions. As far as rain pants, just don't think I could work in those, hell since we got shorts, I haven't worn pants at all.:laugh:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually only wear a jacket when it is really cold. the heat in my truck is rediculous. When I dod wear a coat I actually wear an Eddie Bauer Windcutter fleece that I got onsael for $25. It's usually a $75 jacket. It is a perfect match to our uniforms. It is very warm and as to the name it does stop the winde from cutting thru the jacket. Unfortunately I believe they changed the Wondcutter style and don't offer the brown color anymore.

VTBrown

Let's face it.....our jackets are crap.

The shell is well a shell. The bomber lining is WAY TO BULKY and the vest while nice is more of a winter type vest.