Jan. 6th Info Hidden from Public

vantexan

Nothing about the J6 hearings has been a big story. I agree it should have been but it hasn’t.

So are you saying that this one piece of the J6 hearings is true and EVERYTHING else will s false and a witch hunt?

Ok. It’s not a cult though.
No, NBC pointed out information has come to light that the J6 committee suppressed their findings that, in spite of knowing that there was about to be a large demonstration of angry Trump supporters at the Capitol Building, the ones in charge of security including Pelosi did nothing to make certain the building was secure. Instead the committee focused on Trump.

I would understand if everyone was in denial if this was a FOX News report but it came from NBC. Absolutely amazing that anyone would consider NBC a corporate shill after they had waged war against Trump for 6+ years now.

oldngray

nowhere special
No, NBC pointed out information has come to light that the J6 committee suppressed their findings that, in spite of knowing that there was about to be a large demonstration of angry Trump supporters at the Capitol Building, the ones in charge of security including Pelosi did nothing to make certain the building was secure. Instead the committee focused on Trump.

I would understand if everyone was in denial if this was a FOX News report but it came from NBC. Absolutely amazing that anyone would consider NBC a corporate shill after they had waged war against Trump for 6+ years now.
It has been reported for a long time but of course dismissed by the media as fake news. Like many other stories that were silenced they turned out to be accurate.

bbsam

Staff member

I deny that anyone cares because your side insisted the whol J6 thing was illegitimate from the beginning.

If you’re willing to take it all as factual, I am as well. But at this point what you seem to be saying is that a mob of angry Trump supporters couldn’t possibly restrain themselves from hideous behavior and Nancy Pelosi should have stopped them.

This from the party of “personal responsibility”.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
I posted the NBC report. It's what I said it is.
No, you posted a short video. You said the evidence was suppressed. It was not. It's all in the written report.

The article says:

Heaphy said investigators also found:

• The Capitol Police failed to deploy enough force to defend the building, but the FBI and DHS, the federal agencies charged with collecting intelligence about domestic extremists, didn’t do enough to sound the alarm about the threat.
  • The FBI and DHS were too cautious about exploiting “open source” intelligence gleaned from social media out of misplaced concern about free speech violations.
  • The FBI and DHS made a crucial error by not publishing a Joint Intelligence Bulletin about the threats they were seeing, which might have prompted a more robust defense of the Capitol.
  • There was confusion about which federal agency was in charge, hampering the response once the Capitol was breached.
Heaphy said he agrees with what Washington, D.C.’s National Guard commander, William Walker, told the committee: The response would have been much different, before and during the attack, “if these protesters were Black and brown.”

vantexan

I deny that anyone cares because your side insisted the whol J6 thing was illegitimate from the beginning.

If you’re willing to take it all as factual, I am as well. But at this point what you seem to be saying is that a mob of angry Trump supporters couldn’t possibly restrain themselves from hideous behavior and Nancy Pelosi should have stopped them.

This from the party of “personal responsibility”.
How many liberal groups have shown up to protest at the Capitol over the years? What % of the crowd on January 6th, 2021 actually went into the Capitol building?

The problem with liberals is whenever conservatives act out, which is rare in comparison with liberals, you want to frame all conservatives that way while excusing what liberal rioters do all over the country.

What my side has said from the beginning is this wasn't an attempted overthrow of the government which is what many liberals, including here, have said and continue to say. It's also pretty sad that many of the people who went into the Capitol that day have been denied their Constitutional rights while in the much more violent riots of 2020 very few participants have been held accountable.

And your side needs to get off its hypocritical high horse. It's very clear now what has always been suspected that the media, tech companies, and the Democrats have colluded to get and maintain power and have wielded that power against conservatives. And it appears that for many liberals that's perfectly acceptable as long as you keep your power.

Box Ox

NBC pointed out information has come to light that the J6 committee suppressed their findings that, in spite of knowing that there was about to be a large demonstration of angry Trump supporters at the Capitol Building

Guess it'll be a good idea to preemptively call up National Guard troops and all of the police within a 50 mile radius to protect the Capitol from Trumpees who are trying to stop the electoral vote count if Orange Mussolini loses again next year. Conservative media will no doubt be on board with it since they know what happened last time when that was not done.

vantexan

Guess it'll be a good idea to preemptively call up National Guard troops and all of the police within a 50 mile radius to protect the Capitol from Trumpees who are trying to stop the electoral vote count if Orange Mussolini loses again next year. Conservative media will no doubt be on board with it since they know what happened last time when that was not done.
If that's what it takes. It's my understanding that Trump wanted the National Guard there last time and that was rejected.

Box Ox

If that's what it takes. It's my understanding that Trump wanted the National Guard there last time and that was rejected.

If Trumpees don't think they can control themselves during another joint session of Congress I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to stop those peaceful tourists.

vantexan

No, you posted a short video. You said the evidence was suppressed. It was not. It's all in the written report.

The article says:

Heaphy said investigators also found:

• The Capitol Police failed to deploy enough force to defend the building, but the FBI and DHS, the federal agencies charged with collecting intelligence about domestic extremists, didn’t do enough to sound the alarm about the threat.
  • The FBI and DHS were too cautious about exploiting “open source” intelligence gleaned from social media out of misplaced concern about free speech violations.
  • The FBI and DHS made a crucial error by not publishing a Joint Intelligence Bulletin about the threats they were seeing, which might have prompted a more robust defense of the Capitol.
  • There was confusion about which federal agency was in charge, hampering the response once the Capitol was breached.
Heaphy said he agrees with what Washington, D.C.’s National Guard commander, William Walker, told the committee: The response would have been much different, before and during the attack, “if these protesters were Black and brown.”
NBC is a television media outlet. That they posted an article online to further explain their reporting was unknown to me. I posted what they put on television and they clearly stated the J6 committee downplayed the government's actions leading up to J6 while focusing on Trump. The committee always was about preventing Trump from running in '24.

Funny how it keeps coming out how Democrats keep suppressing information to control the narrative. They did so with the Hunter Biden laptop in 2020. They colluded with Big Tech to shut down conservatives. They kept info about Biden's classified documents problems suppressed before the midterms. The J6 committee suppressed info about the government's negligence leading up to J6. And on and on it goes yet to hear y'all talk everything is Russian collusion with Republicans or some such. The truth will come out, eventually does. Drip, drip, drip.

Thebrownblob

Yes, and it will shock many.
1675527903186.gif