January 22, 2010

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dear tieguy,

As comp points out the help line has become abused. If someone does not get their way or gets pissed at the boss they call the 1-800 line. Most of these are done by anonymos cowards.

The UPS Code of Business Conduct states that the choice to remain anonymous will be respected. Do you respect my decision to remain anonymous?

Can you define the section in the Code in such a way as to allow for the disrespect of an individuals decision to remain anonymous?

Your argument above is really that ups management should know the ups code of conduct and then define that information the same way you have chosen to do so. You posting the point that ups has these various guidelines is done with arrogance as if you think it somehow makes you look smart here.

Every UPS employee should know the UPS Code Of Conduct and follow it. Each UPS employee should seek to follow it as best they can.

Your case is another wild goose chase. There are legal requirements ups has to abide by that specifically address the heating of warehouse type facilities. UPS meets those guidelines but will probably not exceed them for cost reasons.
But the good news is your posts are entertaining if nothing else.

I am not qualified, nor did I present a legal case. I was just calling in an employee concern on behalf of myself and other employees concerned about this issue. I am very concerned when what is done at UPS is in conflict with Policies that UPS claims to live by, especially when it further erodes trust and morale of a people.

Sincerely,
I

Can you define this in such a way as to allow for the disrespect of an individuals decision to remain anonymous?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am not qualified, nor did I present a legal case. I was just calling in an employee concern on behalf of myself and other employees concerned about this issue.

oh come on i, now you are a ups employee???????

where oh where has real integrity gone.

its getting to where you are really giving integrity a bad name.

d

upssup

Read the policy. They were able to get the temps dropped because the hubs are classified as Warehouses. Thus the required temp is less than it would have to be if it were classified as a workplace. So instead of attacking UPS Management maybe you should get the lawyers and OSHA to redefine the rules!

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Read the policy. They were able to get the temps dropped because the hubs are classified as Warehouses. Thus the required temp is less than it would have to be if it were classified as a workplace. So instead of attacking UPS Management maybe you should get the lawyers and OSHA to redefine the rules!

Dear upssup,
I would love to read it. Can you please let me know where I can find the part of the UPS Policy that you are mentioning above? Thanks!
Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
since you are so learned about all things ups, maybe a crash course as to what osha has done for and to ups might be in order to complete your education.

why dont you do the research?

d

tieguy

Banned
morning tie

if you read his posts, he goes from proclaiming himself an expert about ups, and then posts the above, which again shows he is clueless on how ups works.

he might have access to a book or two, but in reality, all he is doing is blowing smoke.

just like his insistance that personal heaters be banned.

someone unloading a trailer does not need one, someone sitting at a computer does.

anyone with a basic knowledge of ups and the inner workings would know.

funny thing is, if he showed some integrity, i would support him myself, or at least assist. but i learned a long time ago, to choose who i ride with very carefully.

d

you know danny i never considered the point that our friend may have bought his manuals on ebay or at a garage sale?...:)

The ups he is fighting for is one that would be black and white per the various reference materials he cites. There would be no gray area at that ups which is not always a good thing when you're fighting for your job.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Today is the call back date for the Building Heat Concern.

I have made the call back and have posted it in the blogs.

Sincerely,
I

UPSSOCKS

Today is the call back date for the Building Heat Concern.

I have made the call back and have posted it in the blogs.

Sincerely,
I

Don't waste your time. No one cares about you or your concerns. Work as instructed or find another job. If you would dress properly you wouldn't feel the cold. I am willing to bet you never even called anyone.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
morning tie

if you read his posts, he goes from proclaiming himself an expert about ups, and then posts the above, which again shows he is clueless on how ups works.

he might have access to a book or two, but in reality, all he is doing is blowing smoke.

just like his insistance that personal heaters be banned.

someone unloading a trailer does not need one, someone sitting at a computer does.

anyone with a basic knowledge of ups and the inner workings would know.

funny thing is, if he showed some integrity, i would support him myself, or at least assist. but i learned a long time ago, to choose who i ride with very carefully.
d
For me it was obvious early on that "I" was a fraud. Anybody that comes on this site looking to obtain a copy of a warning letter, never worked at UPS. They are given out like candy at Halloween and easy to come by. This is when I realized this character as a phony and have disregarded his posts since, except to make fun.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don't waste your time.

UPSSOCKS,
Seeking the truth is never a waste of time. The truth will set you free.

No one cares about you or your concerns.

That is just not true. Unless you are calling Corporate UPS Executives liars. According to the UPS Business Code of Conduct and the current UPS Policy Book Corporate, UPS Executives encourage and respect concerns and questions brought forth by employees.

If you are not calling them liars, then how do you explain your statement in light of pages 4 and 5 of the UPS Code of Business Conduct and pages 20 and 21 of the current UPS Policy Book?

Work as instructed or find another job.

Bringing forth concerns is a responsibility of all UPS employees as instructed on page 4 of the UPS Code of Business Conduct. Individuals who don't want to learn and follow UPS policies, and individuals who don't want to bring forth concerns are the ones who should find another job.

I am willing to bet you never even called anyone.
This is not true, but if you want to bet on that I can't stop you.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
For me it was obvious early on that "I" was a fraud. Anybody that comes on this site looking to obtain a copy of a warning letter, never worked at UPS. They are given out like candy at Halloween and easy to come by. This is when I realized this character as a phony and have disregarded his posts since, except to make fun.

Bubblehead,
You don't think that anywhere, in all of the 400 and some odd thousand UPS workers, that there doesn't exist a "mild-mannered UPS worker" who never has received or personally knows anyone who has received a warning letter?

Sincerely,
I

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
An employee in my building wrote a letter to our US Representative regarding the cold. He sent one of his staff out to the building. Want to know what they said? "You're in a massive concrete building, with dozens of doors, in the middle of Northern Illinois in the middle of winter. What do you expect?"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead,
You don't think that anywhere, in all of the 400 and some odd thousand UPS workers, that there doesn't exist a "mild-mannered UPS worker" who never has received or personally knows anyone who has received a warning letter?

Sincerely,
I

That is exactly what I think.
Actually I'm quite sure of it.
But let's ask the Brown Cafe.
Is there anybody, like Integrity, that has never received or personally known a coworker that has received a warning letter?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Bubble

I love I, he reminds me of a president we had not too long ago.

It depends on what the definition of "personally known" is.

In the biblical sense, that would mean our dear mild mannered I would have had to sleep with someone that has gotten a warning letter.

As much as I likes to play word games, my bet would be on that definition. But who knows.

As for either not getting one, or not knowing anyone that has, that reinforces something I (me) have been saying all along. He/She has never worked for ups, or has been there so little that so far they have not.

But there is one other option, which bears mentioning.

It would seem that this mild mannered Medusa might very well be a management buttkiss. At least to their faces. But behind their backs, he/she wants to raise all sorts of hell with every little thing they can dream up.

All while hiding behind the superhero-savior kiddie star he has created.

I dunknow. Serious mental health issues are hard to nail down.

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
I reminds of the guy that would never like to cause trouble because he was scared of confrontation. We all knew someone like this growing up, the kid that would never talk back or fight back. Until one day when he took a punch to the face and realized he was not made out of glass and he could take it.

In the 20+ years as a driver I have never seen a warning letter. Seriously. That's not saying I have not been issued warning letters, I just don't go to the post office to sign for them and pick them up. I'm sure some of my buddies have seen theirs though, never asked.