Jarret S*ck's!!!

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
NASCAR's 15 minutes are up. I have been a fan since the days of Davey Allison, but it's just gotten way to big for it's own good. It seems convinient now for NASCAR to throw a "debris caution" with 10 to go at almost every race now.

8Years2Go

NASCAR's 15 minutes are up. I have been a fan since the days of Davey Allison, but it's just gotten way to big for it's own good. It seems convinient now for NASCAR to throw a "debris caution" with 10 to go at almost every race now.

The local tracks call that a Competiton Yellow! Used to bunch everyone back together.
I too, have been a fan since the early 80's. But now they're taking races away from the tracks that help build the sport and moving them to larger markets. Foreign cars and drivers. The good ole boys won't put up with and most of the fans I've talked to feel the same way! It's not what is was!!
I'd almost bet you DJ will not get a top 10 all year and will finish outside the top 30. I've always admired DJ, but his time is up!

local804

Dale Jarrett (and his car) were at my building a few years back. (true story)

I remember that......

The division won a contest and they picked the Melville building to set up shop. Even though the division won the contest, no one except the Melville building go to meet him and see the car. Yes it was on a work day and Yes it was in the middle of the week.

dragracer66

As your avitar says "I wanna go fast" then start watching or going to an NHRA event. You have full pit access and it's the fastest motorsport in the world!!!

upsdude

The local tracks call that a Competiton Yellow! Used to bunch everyone back together.

I spent a few years working in the Nascar Weekly Racing Series, you're correct. As a Race Director if I found myself with a very boring show at the mid point, I had to bail out the promotor. A fast yellow so one of my guys could grab that "wrench" off the back stretch would tighten up the field. I didn't have much choice when the leader was coming out of 4 and the 2nd place guy was just entering 1. :wink:

Jarrett's going to end up like DW, stayed way longer then he should have. Rusty had enough smarts to walk before he reached that point.

I figure after 3 more races Jarrett will be out of provisionals. The UPS Toyota will be parked in the hauler.

8Years2Go

I figure after 3 more races Jarrett will be out of provisionals. The UPS Toyota will be parked in the hauler.
He's what, 32nd in points. You have to be top 35 after 5 (I think) races to get in on a regular provision, if you can't on speed. Then he'll be joining Mikey!

I was a die hard DW fan, and your right, he stayed in about 8 years too long. He lived on the Past Champ Provision! But I will give DW credit, he did a hellava job filling in for Steve Parks in the DEI #1.

We (UPS) had three differant roads to take with the Sponsorship, and took the wrong one!!!

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
As your avitar says "I wanna go fast" then start watching or going to an NHRA event. You have full pit access and it's the fastest motorsport in the world!!!

Have been for years! :cool: Wanna see my Darrell Russell tribute shirt? Helps to have a wife who's into it too. Best track IMO is Joliet, as a spectator and a competitor! I'll talk drag racing all night long...in PM's that is :)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, but the sammy hagar commercial on todays race with his song I cant drive 55 is hilarious. He might not win but the commercials are good for UPS. And the tire changer one is pretty good too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How can the guy feel good about taking a spot from somone who actually qualified better than him and would actually have a chance to race rather than just motor around the track. Provisionals piss me off.

Dfigtree

I was overwhelmed with ads for the FedEX cup this weekend but did not see a single Dale Jarrett race the truck ad. Does that mean that golf is a better advertising investment than NASCAR? OR does it just mean that I am watching the wrong channel?