JCATS--- new Temporary position

SmithBarney

I can't remember what its "title" was but this past weeks
JCATS lists a bunch of FT OPS TEMP positions around the country
only open to the STA that they are for. I'm curious what these
positions are, I've never seen them before...anyone have any insight?

55+

I saw it on Jcats the other day and I think it's called Temporary Leads Ops Transport driver...I was wonderiing myself..anybody know?

Myort

The position is ops lead. The person would serve like a teamleader does and also be available to run routes.

newgirl

Posted for stations or ramps/Kinkos? Why do we need team leaders in the stations, isn't that what managers are for?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
This way some purple blooded idiot will take the job so they can call themselves "the lead" but, it won't pay anymore. And as soon as something goes wrong that "the lead" should have handled, they'll hang that person. Basically, it sounds like a way for X to get more people to "attrition".

Pottsburg

Its a new position that basically does what your manager does in the morning. Even out stop counts and control the sort. the person who gets the position gets a 5% bump. If a part timer gets the job then it stays pt if a FTer gets it then its a FT job. basically the other managers will have more focus toward on road related stuff. so not coming in until the sort is about over.

newgirl

Its a new position that basically does what your manager does in the morning. Even out stop counts and control the sort. the person who gets the position gets a 5% bump. If a part timer gets the job then it stays pt if a FTer gets it then its a FT job. basically the other managers will have more focus toward on road related stuff. so not coming in until the sort is about over.

Interesting. I wonder if the PM side gets the same position? Maybe they want to reduce the number of managers with this new position? Caveat, I am a PM driver so I have no idea what the AM managers do.

vantexan

Interesting. I wonder if the PM side gets the same position? Maybe they want to reduce the number of managers with this new position? Caveat, I am a PM driver so I have no idea what the AM managers do.

Could there be a shortage of managers? Not enough willing to come up through the ranks anymore?

jmeti000

Could there be a shortage of managers? Not enough willing to come up through the ranks anymore?

Interesting you should mention this...they are changing the aspire program to something else but havent given details yet (new program will be unveiled June 1). I asked my manager about it (I dont know why...shes worthless anyways) wondering if they were making the program shorter or easier because of a lack of people wanting the positions and perhaps some getting ready to retire. It scares me in a way because if they are having a shortage in this area and are making things easier there will just be an influx of boneheads and morons acting as managers.

vantexan

Interesting you should mention this...they are changing the aspire program to something else but havent given details yet (new program will be unveiled June 1). I asked my manager about it (I dont know why...shes worthless anyways) wondering if they were making the program shorter or easier because of a lack of people wanting the positions and perhaps some getting ready to retire. It scares me in a way because if they are having a shortage in this area and are making things easier there will just be an influx of boneheads and morons acting as managers.

Ouch, hadn't thought of that.

Pottsburg

yes there is two am jobs and one pm. its just temp for one month if it works out it will become a normal position