Job Interview

drewed

Shankman
Id have to say dont tell them in the interview get hired and sometime in the next month, go to hr and tell them you understand that you cant transfer but an unbelieable opportunity has surfaced at the school youre going to and ask if they were hiring in the buildings around there and if you could get a good word put it....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is almost July and he is off to school in late August. Find a seasonal job here and update your online application to show that you will be at school and wish to be considered for a position at a facility near there, if one exists. Applying, getting hired and then trained here only to leave by mid-August would not be the best way to start working at UPS, whether you intend to make it a career or not. Wait til you get to school--you may even find that combining school and UPS may be too much for you. Most schools offer work study as part of your financial aid package--maybe this is something that you might want to look in to. You can hand out towels at the gym part time for beer, uh, I mean spending money. Good luck.

SoyFish

You wanna know whats gonna happen throughout the process? Check out my topic 'Hello Everyone' There is a ton of info on what goes on through the hiring process.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Id have to say dont tell them in the interview get hired and sometime in the next month, go to hr and tell them you understand that you cant transfer but an unbelieable opportunity has surfaced at the school youre going to and ask if they were hiring in the buildings around there and if you could get a good word put it....

That was a fabulous thought...but he cancelled the interview...:biting:

I was actually thinking the same thing. I do have to say this, the mere fact that he cancelled the interview with so many unanswered questions says a lot about character. I realize maybe he/she is young but, ya know what I mean...