Job Safety and Health-It’s The Law

Poop Head

Judge me.
I agree with you as well but the problem is what is a safe work environment? You ask ten different people you are most likely going to get ten different answers.
One person may say 90° is too hot another may say 110° is too hot. 110° with no humidity feels a lot better than 110° with humidity.
As long as no one is shooting at you, its safe

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS has such a horrendous safety record that they needed to hire KETER to do audits and implement their ridiculous Safety and Habits crap to keep OSHA out of their hair.

MG
KETER Audits are the result of A settlement agreement as the result of a formal OSHA complaint.
I believe it was in 1996. I will check my notes.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
We are also supposed to be provided coolers and clean water every day by ups. We only get a single bottle on Monday. So I have no problem stopping whenever I need to get some fresh ice or cold clean water

Every construction crew, garbage man, lawn guys all have employee provided massive ice water coolers, ups feels they are above osha rules.

we have two centers in our building. when they got rid of the water bottles (hub rats litterally stealing cases of them), one center got new ups water coolers the brown 2liter ones from the catalog. EVERY DRIVER.

the other center got a "no more water" at pcm.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you can't survive a little heat maybe another job might be more appropriate. UPS might not be for you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you can't survive a little heat maybe another job might be more appropriate. UPS might not be for you.
I disagree with this comment. It is a classic corporate type response.

Corporations need to fulfill their obligations to protect their workers from heat related illnesses and injuries.

IMO Very rich corporations should take these type of responsibilities very seriously. In practice, not just on paper.

Wally

Who is having any heat problems? No one here?

I knew one driver that everyone called K-Lapse because he would fake heat problems. He was lazy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who is having any heat problems? No one here?

I knew one driver that everyone called K-Lapse because he would fake heat problems. He was lazy.
Don’t know the answers to your questions?

Why do you say he was faking?

I guess you don’t think too much of his work ethic.

Wally

Don’t know the answers to your questions?

Why do you say he was faking?

I guess you don’t think too much of his work ethic.
K-Lapse drank too much booze, ate the wrong stuff, etc. So when it gets hot, people like that can't take it.

Eat light with good protein, avoid sugar-high carbs, drink water, and you can take the heat.

Integrity

Binge Poster
K-Lapse drank too much booze, ate the wrong stuff, etc. So when it gets hot, people like that can't take it.

Eat light with good protein, avoid sugar-high carbs, drink water, and you can take the heat.
I agree good health habits is a key to contributing to a reasonably healthy life.

However, it doesn’t guarantee one.

I agree that people with the lifestyle you have described may have more of a problem with the heat and may be more prone to heat related injuries and illness.

Their chosen lifestyle is really between them and their employer. Unless it puts you in harms way.

I don’t agree that this is proof that a person is faking it.

Accusing someone of faking an illness of any kind is a serious accusation.