Jobs after UPS

kramer

What kind of job can I expect to get after I move on from UPS? Package car drivers are pretty pigeon holed into their jobs and cant really leave except to join fed ex. But what outlook can an ORS expect to have in terms of type of jobs for other companies and positions. Or is it all supply chain

Turdferguson

Just a turd
seinfeld-kramer-cant-get-a-seat-train-subway-13583611920.gif

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What kind of job can I expect to get after I move on from UPS? Package car drivers are pretty pigeon holed into their jobs and cant really leave except to join fed ex. But what outlook can an ORS expect to have in terms of type of jobs for other companies and positions. Or is it all supply chain
I know! As a driver of UPS that will collect about 6k a month, it will suck to drive a limo twice a week and make $1000 cash. gosh darn pigeons!!

kramer

I was thinking since im working towards an MBA, the experience would look good not just for supervision but for basically any company. If anyone has landed jobs outside UPS after being an ORS

CanOSup

One of them
I was thinking since im working towards an MBA, the experience would look good not just for supervision but for basically any company. If anyone has landed jobs outside UPS after being an ORS

Resumes only get your foot in the door for an interview. The interview is what lands you a job or not. One stint of UPS in an on road function won’t guarantee you anything. The better your resume the more opportunities will invite you. Can’t really answer your question based on what you have given

RolloTony Brown Town

I’ve known many a supervisor to make it to full time and quit. Sometimes after 5 years, 10 years... one time it was 28 years. Oil companies like Irving like ups management experience. any LTL company like ABF, YRC, XPO, Old Dominion love ups experience. Particularly the union environment experience. Beverage distribution companies look for former ups management.

The one kicker is that ups tends to pay better than most of the places that you could get offers from.

BothSidesSally

Why can't we all just get along?
Check out Waste Management. Their JBA almost mirrors ours.