joggers on my route

oldngray

nowhere special
To answer the OP's question as a person who runs after work, sidewalks in my area are very uneven, people hang their vehicles over them in driveways, and I want you to see me well ahead of you getting to me and I have to run around aforementioned cars.

I am forced to run in the dark, I wear a flashing armband, neon shirt, and run against the flow, yet somehow I have to hop on the sidewalk due to someone texting and doesn't see me till the last moment.

Joggers wearing headphones who are oblivious to their surroundings are more common than distracted drivers (who are also a problem). Regardless of who has the right of way it is more serious danger to the jogger so they need to be extra careful of their surroundings. I don't jog now but used to and when I did I always avoided areas with bad traffic.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Joggers wearing headphones who are oblivious to their surroundings are more common than distracted drivers (who are also a problem). Regardless of who has the right of way it is more serious danger to the jogger so they need to be extra careful of their surroundings. I don't jog now but used to and when I did I always avoided areas with bad traffic.
This is why you are suppose to jog against the flow of traffic, unlike bicyclists. I don't jog on major roads but thanks to UPS, everyone is usually in bed when I'm just getting out for a 3-4 mile run. I'm not defending the ones who decide to run during heavy traffic times, like bicyclists, who put themselves in a high risk situation and mess up traffic.

rod

Retired 22 years
This is why you are suppose to jog against the flow of traffic, unlike bicyclists. I don't jog on major roads but thanks to UPS, everyone is usually in bed when I'm just getting out for a 3-4 mile run. I'm not defending the ones who decide to run during heavy traffic times, like bicyclists, who put themselves in a high risk situation and mess up traffic.

You still have enough energy to jog 4 miles after working all day? Are you management?

Overpaid Union Thug

Joggers should stay off the roads wherever a sidewalk is available. Yes, they are sometimes uneven and sometimes have cars hanging over but its better to occasionally hop over into the road to avoid those than to stay on a road most of the time with cars. It's just the smart thing to do.

And don't even get me started on those damn cyclists. "Share the road" my ass.

livin the dream

Joggers should stay off the roads wherever a sidewalk is available. Yes, they are sometimes uneven and sometimes have cars hanging over but its better to occasionally hop over into the road to avoid those than to stay on a road most of the time with cars. It's just the smart thing to do.

And don't even get me started on those damn cyclists. "Share the road" my ass.

I couldn't stand the cyclists before I even started driving for ups. now it really gets me

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I am forced to run in the dark, I wear a flashing armband, neon shirt, and run against the flow, yet somehow I have to hop on the sidewalk due to someone texting and doesn't see me till the last moment.
You do the smart thing. Most don't.
I couldn't stand the cyclists before I even started driving for ups. now it really gets me
I think people are even more stupid around UPS vehicles. It's like they think we have some special system to prevent us from hitting them.

Wilson

I hate bikes more than joggers. In my state they are supposed to bike in a single file but you get these whole crews that bike side by side and sometimes three and four abreast. I hate them.

188470.gif