Jury Duty and UPS Days Off Policy

Box_Troll

I am waiting to hear, but thought someone here might know UPS days off policy for jury duty.

I am still within my 70 day trial period.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was part of the pool a couple of years ago at peak. I stopped at the county clerk of courts and asked if they could move me to January. They did. Only had to go to the courthouse for 1 summons (the other settled the night before.) We were there for a long hour and the judge came in said that he saw us walking in the jury room and took the plea deal. I knew about 1/2 the people in the room and we sat around and chatted while we were waiting.

It was not a horrible way to spend a morning.

I was part of the pool a couple of years ago at peak. I stopped at the county clerk of courts and asked if they could move me to January. They did. Only had to go to the courthouse for 1 summons (the other settled the night before.) We were there for a long hour and the judge came in said that he saw us walking in the jury room and took the plea deal. I knew about 1/2 the people in the room and we sat around and chatted while we were waiting.

But he didn't make book yet

Box_Troll

Do a search on here. This has been hashed over many times

Just did a search here and seems the best thing to do is simply request a different date six months out.. So that is what I just did.. I don't really want any missed days for any reason during my trial period. Paid or not...

Thanks all :)

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Jury duty in december would beca dream come true

rod

Retired 22 years
I was covering the route that included my county courthouse.
I had a Courthouse on my route also. Four stories counting the basement offices. SOOOOOOO much fun delivering boxes of copy paper up to the 3rd floor. One of the highlites of my career was the day the newly installed elevator went into operation.