jury duty during my 30 day probation

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Jury duty sucks. These courts needs UPS people to run it. More time wasting than rooting for the Browns!

MrFeeder

You are worrying over nothing; in fact, if you are chosen to serve, it could be a welcome break for you, allowing you to mentally reset before coming back to finish your qualification.

Make sure to turn a copy of the letter in to your supervisor on Monday. You will then most likely be asked to call the night before your first scheduled day to serve to see if you need to show up or not. Chances are that the case that you may be asked to serve on will be settled out of court and your services will not be required.

DO NOT try to get out of serving.

over9five

Staff member
Reminds me of a story.....
A friend of mine one time forgot to go to his jury duty..... Turned out quite a few others forgot too.
The next day the sheriff shows up at his work with a summons for him.
He had to appear before the judge. The court that day he was supposed to serve did not have enough jurors to have any trials.
The judge was pissed, and my friend had to pay a big fine.

upschuck

I wouldn't postpone for a near future date, because who knows how long it will take to get your needed days in, go as far out as possible.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I am pretty sure if you are that worried, explain to the court that you are qualifying for a job and you are not available for 2 months and could you get an extension

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Here. We can call and get a 6 month postponement. I actually had the same situation as the op.

I have to call Sunday night for next week. Be nice to go again. Just wish it was grand jury