Just Checking In......and out.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I don't know , I guess I just hate hubris. By the way I bluffed more than your yearly take home last night on the river wtih a busted flush draw.

My yearly take home from UPS, sure. Your stating that out loud says alot about the type of person YOU are.

You surely piss off people in real life too don't you?.

In all honesty, swear on my children's eyeballs, I only know one person in real life that I piss off - my ex-wife. I get along well with most everyone.

And you keep saying you are "just confident" What are you confident about? Sounds to me like you are struggling to do the job and your supervisor is telling you how much you suck.

Wow, you misunderstood - my bad. I said I was working with an ultra-miserable friend* of an oncar sup, who was miserable for no valid reason, and yells about everything. When someone tells you everything is horrible, it really isn't possible to take them seriously. Driving isn't rocket science - it is a timed event performed on a course that I will get more familiar with over time. I'll do fine.

I've had many years of success & failure (only those that don't DO anything don't fail) and I have learned when it will work & when it won't.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think 5 pages is enough. How many more ways can we explain the options to you? Take the above given advice. Cut through the criticism and jokes. Straighten out your life, get a real haircut and you'll be fine.:happy-very:

Re-Raise

When I started with UPS I spent my evenings looking over maps and trying to get enough rest so I could do my job to the best of my ability the next day.

I kept my mouth shut and learned as much as I could. I have never had a supervisor raise his or her voice to me in the 22 years I have worked for this company.

Surely as a company we could hire someone better than you. By the time you can retire you will be 70 years old and you are already complaining about the demands of the job your first month.

I am beginning to think you may be solely responsible for my UPS stock performance in the last month.

Allright .. that may be a stretch

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
When I started with UPS I spent my evenings looking over maps and trying to get enough rest so I could do my job to the best of my ability the next day.

I kept my mouth shut and learned as much as I could. I have never had a supervisor raise his or her voice to me in the 22 years I have worked for this company.

Surely as a company we could hire someone better than you. By the time you can retire you will be 70 years old and you are already complaining about the demands of the job your first month.

I am beginning to think you may be soley responsible for my UPS stock performance in the last month.

Alright .. that may be a stretch

I am very happy for you. I feel bad for you, but am happy that you are happy.

Re-Raise

You feel bad for me because... I don't like you , I have never been 35 pounds overweight, am still married to my first wife and raising my own kids, don't have money problems, do my job without being a whiny %^$#@?

Again you befuddle me.

atatbl

I just can't believe someone like him exists. If I were him I would be too embarrassed of my life to post the information on the internet. Overweight, behind on child support for 6 kids, starting a new job at 43 and bringing home $40 a week. Yet taking all this into account he is the least humble new employee at UPS I have ever encountered.

We have college grads in their young twenties in great condition just loading trucks hoping to cover drive and work into full-time.

This guy once told me on here he took a lap-top to work so he could post messages on his "route"

burnsbestpost.jpg

sano

You feel bad for me because... I don't like you , I have never been 35 pounds overweight, am still married to my first wife and raising my own kids, don't have money problems, do my job without being a whiny %^$#@?

Again you befuddle me.
Let me see... who are we calling arrogant again?

SuperSup

Maybe this will help you. You're in a bit of a catch 22 here, because if you don't take your lunch, you're working for free (obviously, as has been said over and over). However, if you aren't taking your lunch but still recording it in your board, there are some managers that will press you for falsifying timecards if it ever becomes an issue. Just take your lunch and record it. If you're standards become an issue, ask to see the records of your last production ride, and make sure you request the Package Drivers Methods Checklist that was used. I'll bet that you had some initial training rides and a safety ride, but you don't have a documented production ride, which is the only way you can be held accountable for the numbers. If they decide to give you a production ride after that, work at a steady but safe pace, take your breaks and lunch, and that's the standard that they (or we, I should say), will hold you too.

Re-Raise

I am not just calling him arrogant because of this thread. It is the combination of things he has posted over the approximately 3 months he has worked for UPS.

Just off the top of my head.

He wants to be the fastest ever to drive .. seniority doesn't apply to him

Driving at UPS is the easiest and most enjoyable job he has ever had.

Sorters should make more per hour than drivers.

He is laughing all the way to the bank and we older (more seniority) drivers are just bitter because we didn't do the same.

And an entire post on what he would change if he were King of UPS
Things HE would change on a $50 billion company with 100 years in business!!!

He never answers questions about his real status with the company because he doesn't want to go back on his previous claims.

I stand by my claim he is the most arrogant ROOKIE I have ever encountered.

Re-Raise

Sano I agree this probably came off a little harsh. But I keep trying to bring this guy down a notch, but his grandiosity is unshakeable no matter what the reality.

My point was I am not as confident in my position with this company as he is after 22 years. Why can't he just say I am hoping to be able to do this job and am grateful for the opportunity.

I was 22 years ago and am still grateful now. I can't believe people like him exist, he goes against everything I try to teach my kids. Which is don't blow your own horn but learn all you can and prove your worth and the respect will come.

DS

Fenderbender
if you don't take your lunch, you're working for free (obviously, as has been said over and over). However, if you aren't taking your lunch but still recording it in your board, there are some managers that will press you for falsifying timecards if it ever becomes an issue. Just take your lunch and record it.
I agree supersup (we need more like you)YO BENNY.................
I dont see where the problem is,try to be as efficient as possible,and call them and tell them you are taking 50 minutes for your break and will need help with 15 stops or they will be missed.I dont percieve you as a troll,but you seem to feel like you are being railroaded into skipping your lunch.Every single ups driver in the world has to deal with this.
You are just too scared to speak up.

New Englander

I guess I still don't understand how he's going to miss deliveries by taking his lunch. Seems to me like they will just have to get someone else to do the pick ups.

For someone who says this job isn't rocket science he's pretty stupid when it comes to this.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Raise
And you keep saying you are "just confident" What are you confident about? Sounds to me like you are struggling to do the job and your supervisor is telling you how much you suck.

Wow, you misunderstood - my bad. I said I was working with an ultra-miserable friend* of an oncar sup, who was miserable for no valid reason, and yells about everything. When someone tells you everything is horrible, it really isn't possible to take them seriously.
if you showed the same intelligence to your sup as you have here on the basic knowledge of how things work, i could see him being in a permanent state of being miserable. ive dealt with brain impaired people that get it better than you do

In all honesty, swear on my children's eyeballs, I only know one person in real life that I piss off - my ex-wife. I get along well with most everyone.

and you wonder why she dumped you? and of course you are forgetting that sup you work for.

sorry, i dont feel sorry for you. your personality on this board comes across as its all about me. in your personal life, as a father of six? deadly with a wife that is strong enough to stand up to a cretin like you

you now get to pay for your moments in glory.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
if you showed the same intelligence to your sup as you have here on the basic knowledge of how things work, i could see him being in a permanent state of being miserable. ive dealt with brain impaired people that get it better than you do

and you wonder why she dumped you? and of course you are forgetting that sup you work for.

sorry, i dont feel sorry for you. your personality on this board comes across as its all about me. in your personal life, as a father of six? deadly with a wife that is strong enough to stand up to a cretin like you

you now get to pay for your moments in glory.

d

Okay now, that being said, let's do a life check. Look at your life right now. I mean it, look deep down and see if there's anything you're doing now, that will come back to bite you in the future. If there is, take care of it now, so you're future will be better off. Better to nip problems in the bud so you don't have to worry/deal with them in the future. Pay attention to those little red flags that pop up, as they are there for a reason.

helenofcalifornia

Just curious as to how much they took out of your paycheck when you first started and was only working PT. I wouldn't even think it would be legal for them to leave you only $40 each paycheck. I hope you are going back to the courts soon to get this dire situation remedied.