Just Checking In......and out.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Ahh, It's Toady.

Look, I'm a Cover driver, ok? I don't know that, but it seems to make you all feel better, for reasons I just dont't get, don't care to get.

You always were just a follower, there, Toady. Remember high school (I'm positive you do) the toady was the short guy standing behind the big class bully, egging him on, never with an original thought.

Everyone else, THANK YOU, this thread was very helpful

leastbest

LeastBest
File a grievance. They should not yell at you. Read the contract. They must treat you with respect and dignity. If you let them get away with it, it only gets worse.

Like a bad puppy they must be swatted on the nose with a newspaper (grievance) when they get out of line.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
File a grievance. They should not yell at you. Read the contract. They must treat you with respect and dignity. If you let them get away with it, it only gets worse.

Like a bad puppy they must be swatted on the nose with a newspaper (grievance) when they get out of line.

Interesting that you said that. This inhuman ass of a screaming, demeaning, just pain jerk, has a history. I'd love to tell you things that were said, however I want to avoid the ability to identify him or me if possible. One I can tell you was the screaming, top of lungs, "you are such a friend dissappointment, you have so much let me down, let UPS down, you have dissapointed UPS management by your complete lack of knowledge..." To which I could not help it - I laughed out loud. Hadn't been talked to like that since the ex-wife.

I did get a compliment one time, however; "Your driving isn't nearly as awful as you are at the rest of this job". Jesus.

The OnCar in question, I found out, was let go froma previous center, for abuse. Somehow got a position at our center, demoted to oncar, and has been terminated three times in the past 2 years, for abuse. If I am told I go out with him again, I have to complain, or ask for another.

I have very thick skin, believe it or not. When all this started on the first day, I assumed it simply had to be an act. There is no way, I thought, that UPS would put such a person in a position of authority (ex-marine & looks it)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Interesting that you said that. This inhuman ass of a screaming, demeaning, just pain jerk, has a history. I'd love to tell you things that were said, however I want to avoid the ability to identify him or me if possible. One I can tell you was the screaming, top of lungs, "you are such a friend dissappointment, you have so much let me down, let UPS down, you have dissapointed UPS management by your complete lack of knowledge..." To which I could not help it - I laughed out loud. Hadn't been talked to like that since the ex-wife.

I did get a compliment one time, however; "Your driving isn't nearly as awful as you are at the rest of this job". Jesus.

The OnCar in question, I found out, was let go froma previous center, for abuse. Somehow got a position at our center, demoted to oncar, and has been terminated three times in the past 2 years, for abuse. If I am told I go out with him again, I have to complain, or ask for another.

I have very thick skin, believe it or not. When all this started on the first day, I assumed it simply had to be an act. There is no way, I thought, that UPS would put such a person in a position of authority (ex-marine & looks it)
The way he acts(or your description of it) is probably a big part of the reason he's an ex-marine.

atatbl

Ahh, It's Toady.

Look, I'm a Cover driver, ok? I don't know that, but it seems to make you all feel better, for reasons I just dont't get, don't care to get.

You always were just a follower, there, Toady. Remember high school (I'm positive you do) the toady was the short guy standing behind the big class bully, egging him on, never with an original thought.

Everyone else, THANK YOU, this thread was very helpful

lmao. Whatever you gotta tell yourself buddy. I wasn't the one that refused to answer "everyone else" when they asked you for quite some time. Glad to see reality can't change your failing cognitive ability.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Next time, voice record your conversation. Your cell phone can be a useful tool for more than just phone calls and 'net browsing. Then you have all you need to get the low-life the hook.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
BBAG, you do not have to put up with disrespect, just unplug your internet, and it will all be over. LOL, j/k.

For the guy that keeps yelling at you, ignore him. Tell his boss that you refuse to go near him for fear of him yelling, disrespecting, etc... You don't have to put up with this nonsense. You are a man and deserve to be treated as such. This is not a bad father/son relationship. He's just your boss and he has absolutely no right to be yelling or demeaning you in any way.

As far as where you stand in the company? You are a part timer that works a lot of hours. You and FightingBack are keeping someone from going full time. Inform the proper people so this situation can be fixed.

Oh.............And go see a lawyer, already!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

LOL - great minds think alike, I guess - purchased myself a cool little digital recorder, size of a 9v battery.

ha..be careful with that... The problem with that is you aren't allowed to bring personal property into work with you; that is my understanding. The whole thing may end up becoming an issue with you apparently instigating an incident and "setting him up" if you seemingly try to get too James Bond fancy. That could be make the case arguable, Just IMO.

New Englander

You guys don't get the feeling that he's just trolling? Come on now.

We all work here, he does not even know if he's actually full-time or not. If anything - that's pretty cut and dry at UPS.

He's living on $32 a week from his UPS Paycheck?

Please......

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
New Englander -

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you have some nugget of common sense, intelligence in that noggin of yours. Somewhere.

You read all of my posts (admit it - you do - you snipe every chance you get) and everything needed to explain it to you is there.

One, it is not $32 - it's $40 per week I take home. The rest of what you say, every other word, is wrong.

You can figure it out. I have faith in everyone.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
BBAG We've all had a sup who thinks the louder they are, the better we'll work. It NEVER works. Remember, there are more of us than there are of them. Do your job to the best of your ability. Stay safe and take and record your breaks and lunches properly. Sometimes taking a lunch break can make you more productive. You hang in and it will get better. Best of luck.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
BBAG We've all had a sup who thinks the louder they are, the better we'll work. It NEVER works. Remember, there are more of us than there are of them. Do your job to the best of your ability. Stay safe and take and record your breaks and lunches properly. Sometimes taking a lunch break can make you more productive. You hang in and it will get better. Best of luck.

Thanks for the thoughts, I agree with you & your sig!

I decided after hearing from all of you that lunches/breaks will happen no matter what. Union guys here state (as you all have) that if I don't take them now, I'll never have them, and it just makes others work harder.

The digital recorder - decided to forget it. James Bond I ain't

Does anyone understand where I was coming from when I just ignored the whole no-lunch thing? New in position, didn't want to make waves.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
every other word, is wrong

better than every word being wrong :wink2:

as for the lunch thing, take your lunch. complaining about not taking home more than 40 bucks a week, and working for free 5 hours of that week when it would more than double your take home is pretty stupid. not you, but the action.

does that clear it up?

d

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
better than every word being wrong :wink2:

as for the lunch thing, take your lunch. complaining about not taking home more than 40 bucks a week, and working for free 5 hours of that week when it would more than double your take home is pretty stupid. not you, but the action.

does that clear it up?

d

Actually, the 5 free hours I would take a lunch for will just give me a break for lunch, not any extra $$$.

"Not You, but the action"?? No, both I and the action were stupid there. It has been corrected.

New Englander

New Englander -

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you have some nugget of common sense, intelligence in that noggin of yours. Somewhere.

You read all of my posts (admit it - you do - you snipe every chance you get) and everything needed to explain it to you is there.

One, it is not $32 - it's $40 per week I take home. The rest of what you say, every other word, is wrong.

You can figure it out. I have faith in everyone.

I thought you got $40 a week after your child support - THEN UPS charged you $8 for the wage garnishment.
I honestly think your full of crap on this. There is no State in the US that is going to leave you with $40 per week to live on.

Either your seriously trolling on that subject - or you are incredibly inept. I'm going with trolling, am I wrong?

Your incredibly cryptic on your work status as well.......

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I thought you got $40 a week after your child support - THEN UPS charged you $8 for the wage garnishment.
I honestly think your full of crap on this. There is no State in the US that is going to leave you with $40 per week to live on.

Either your seriously trolling on that subject - or you are incredibly inept. I'm going with trolling, am I wrong?

Your incredibly cryptic on your work status as well.......

Nope, wrong all over