Just curious...

• Thread starter selfcancelsignal
  • Start date
S

selfcancelsignal

Why would they get painted white when their getting crushed? Still trying to comprehend the logic behind the question lol. Pie with coolwhip and French vanilla ice cream with a light shake of cinnamon on top= BANGIN YUMMY lmfao
Haha. Guess I always heard they painted them white before they crushed them. Perhaps an old wives tale.?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Haha. Guess I always heard they painted them white before they crushed them. Perhaps an old wives tale.?
20025813.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Why would they get painted white when their getting crushed? Still trying to comprehend the logic behind the question lol. Pie with coolwhip and French vanilla ice cream with a light shake of cinnamon on top= BANGIN YUMMY lmfao

They always painted our junkers white before hauling them off

They always painted our junkers white before hauling them off
Where I am, they paint over all of the graphics and numbers with brown and then spray the truck number on the sides (really big) in white paint. I see flatbeds going down the highway occasionally with package cars painted the same way.

rod

Retired 22 years
If we had a bad accident (happened a couple of times while I was there) they would rush right out and paint over the graphics thinking the public couldn't tell it was a UPS truck. Yeah---like the public is that dumb.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Where I am, they paint over all of the graphics and numbers with brown and then spray the truck number on the sides (really big) in white paint.
Same here.
If we had a bad accident (happened a couple of times while I was there) they would rush right out and paint over the graphics thinking the public couldn't tell it was a UPS truck. Yeah---like the public is that dumb.
I wouldn't doubt a portion of the public not realizing it's UPS. We only had 30 customers come to our counter last night. 5 of them had USPS postcards...

rod

Retired 22 years
Same here.

I wouldn't doubt a portion of the public not realizing it's UPS. We only had 30 customers come to our counter last night. 5 of them had USPS postcards...

Yes they can be quite stupid at times. I've even had people come up to me while I was infull UPS uniform and ask if I was FedEx.

SHAIV

Mine is next in line. The mechanic said it's 25 years old so it's on the crush list. They got rid of all the non power steering trucks a while ago. Next is to get rid of the stick shift trucks. Do they have to have something wrong with them before they get rid of them or do they just get rid of them all at the same time? I write mine up like everyday. Lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
Mine is next in line. The mechanic said it's 25 years old so it's on the crush list. They got rid of all the non power steering trucks a while ago. Next is to get rid of the stick shift trucks. Do they have to have something wrong with them before they get rid of them or do they just get rid of them all at the same time? I write mine up like everyday. Lol

They'll milk that cow for every last drop until it milks no more.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Here we know they're finally going to the parking lot in the sky when they paint brown over the logos then spray paint the big numbers on them.