How did it go for you?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
MV5BNjIxZGM4NDEtNDY0MC00NjUwLTg3MzgtY2I3ODljNDg5NTQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0ODcxNzA0._V1_.jpg

Zowert

Won a bid and started driving in May 2017 at age 32. I got laid off multiple times in 2018 and early 2019. Probably spent a total of 6 or 7 months on unemployment. Then the pandemic hit and I’ve been working ever since. Most, if not all of the drivers hired during Covid have been laid off. Now we are understaffed and they don’t seem to mind paying out 9.5 grievances.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bid straight onto a route in my Hub, I was never laid off as a driver. I was never a Swing Driver, I had four bid routes over my 37 years of driving. We used an Aero Survey map book, we would Xerox the route and tape the pages together. You quickly learned number breaks at city and county boundaries, and corner houses could be tricky too.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Won a bid and started driving in May 2017 at age 32. I got laid off multiple times in 2018 and early 2019. Probably spent a total of 6 or 7 months on unemployment. Then the pandemic hit and I’ve been working ever since. Most, if not all of the drivers hired during Covid have been laid off. Now we are understaffed and they don’t seem to mind paying out 9.5 grievances.
Historic contract.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was never laid off either. I kept working on the route I trained on for several months then started covering a lot of other routes when the bid drivers were on vacation. Until I got my own bid route about 3 years later.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I bid straight onto a route in my Hub, I was never laid off as a driver. I was never a Swing Driver, I had four bid routes over my 37 years of driving. We used an Aero Survey map book, we would Xerox the route and tape the pages together. You quickly learned number breaks at city and county boundaries, and corner houses could be tricky too.

I used to have a 3-ring binder that I made for all the routes I ran before I got my 1st bid route.

Took a map book to a print shop, made copies and had them enlarged. I would make notations

and even put down number breaks. When the men.... were men. :biggrin:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I used to have a 3-ring binder that I made for all the routes I ran before I got my 1st bid route.

Took a map book to a print shop, made copies and had them enlarged. I would make notations

I had a whole state map book…..it was R.I. Lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

7 freaking years before I bid out of cover.