Just got hired as a PVD with no interview

0ssu

So I just got hired as a PVD and it was a little.. uh, too easy? Basically just went through all of the documents/forms in the application portal and the hiring manager said to wait for my email with the online training. I'm super happy but it wasn't what I was expecting, I was expecting at least an in-person interview, tour of the warehouse, etc. I worked for the Census and it was basically the same hiring process so I guess I'm not super surprised, and both are temp positions. But still, I'm technically hired to be a UPS driver now and I've only talked with someone on the phone twice, very briefly.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and I feel like I have a general idea of what to expect, I just hope that I get good hours, I hope it's not one of those things where they call me up every couple of days when they need me. It seems like a pretty easy job though, pick up the packages, load them logically, use the UPS phone to navigate the route, scan the packages and drop them off. Is that pretty much the gist? If anyone has any advice or heads up information for me I'd appreciate it.

Are there any other PVDs on here? Do you feel like a "real" UPS employee or more of an independent contractor type worker (even though you're on the payroll)? Do you have much interaction with the other employees and do you feel like you're part of the team?

GenericUsername

You're going to face one of a few scenarios I'd assume:

- Plenty of hours with a lot of work to do that you may/may not stress about getting done.
- Your only contact being the driver(s) you're helping and picking up your paycheck every Friday at the center unless one of your drivers is an absolute bro and brings it to you.
- You have to load up your car at the center and drive to area to deliver, and then drive back to the center to load up more....and repeat.
- You have a driver who drops off a ton of packages at a pod/storage unit and you deliver the entire area without any interaction other than the driver unloading stuff to you at the pod.

Good luck!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
So I just got hired as a PVD and it was a little.. uh, too easy? Basically just went through all of the documents/forms in the application portal and the hiring manager said to wait for my email with the online training. I'm super happy but it wasn't what I was expecting, I was expecting at least an in-person interview, tour of the warehouse, etc. I worked for the Census and it was basically the same hiring process so I guess I'm not super surprised, and both are temp positions. But still, I'm technically hired to be a UPS driver now and I've only talked with someone on the phone twice, very briefly.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and I feel like I have a general idea of what to expect, I just hope that I get good hours, I hope it's not one of those things where they call me up every couple of days when they need me. It seems like a pretty easy job though, pick up the packages, load them logically, use the UPS phone to navigate the route, scan the packages and drop them off. Is that pretty much the gist? If anyone has any advice or heads up information for me I'd appreciate it.

Are there any other PVDs on here? Do you feel like a "real" UPS employee or more of an independent contractor type worker (even though you're on the payroll)? Do you have much interaction with the other employees and do you feel like you're part of the team?
You’re not a UPS driver.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Don’t try to be super fast, don’t worry about speed at all, organization is #1. Don’t do anything stupid....you have to understand that you’re taking work from guys who have served those customers for 10+ years and everything you do is gonna be tied to that driver in their minds. Enjoy the driving, follow the speed limit, look before accelerating, listen to what the drivers tell you to do, they may not feel great about your job but it’s a different story when you go meet them and they get to give you work. Don’t bug everybody about a job, tell mgmt you want one when you start and when you leave and pray (you won’t get a job).
Good chance to make some easy money, just don’t ever be cocky about it, treat the process as safely and professionally as you can

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Also, you better be a real adult and dependable...we don’t have time to friend around and we are all accountable for every action and all of our time commitments throughout the day....if you don’t know how to get somewhere for the love of god don’t pretend like you get it then after I leave call me and say as your phone is breaking up “hey man I can’t find this place on my gps”

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Just make sure on day 1 you come Beard’d up 🧔🏻!! It’s a prerequisite now ... full sleeve tats helps too.

TheDick

I've seen 2 sups drive with you in ur car to check if the car has a pulse, I've seen PVD's jumping each other's cars b4 leaving the center. So have a good time in ur car delivering, blast the tunes and don't misdeliver anything.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Just make sure on day 1 you come Beard’d up 🧔🏻!! It’s a prerequisite now ... full sleeve tats helps too.
9B12D4CF-6D78-4190-8A16-0E36DA05B994.jpeg