Just got hired as a PVD with no interview

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Sure! Does your aunty need a job?
1605709313999.gif

MattM

Is the pay good? I see driver helper is $14.50 in my parts, which is harder work than in the building

Many are saying no thanks.
Driver helper is available for union workers. But I haven’t seen pvd pop up. I’m guessing PVD is all non union work?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Is the pay good? I see driver helper is $14.50 in my parts, which is harder work than in the building

Many are saying no thanks.
Driver helper is available for union workers. But I haven’t seen pvd pop up. I’m guessing PVD is all non union work?
At my building PVDs we’re getting 38.75/hr. That was for the start of COVID. It could be different for peak.

MattM

Yeah. PVDs were getting that too early on. But so were driver helpers. The peak driver helper signup mentioned $14.50. There hasn’t been a PVD peak sign up in my area. I’m vaguely hearing $21.00. A few did it at the driver max and still messed up their cars for life. It’s not worth the wear at tear at $38, let alone $21.

542thruNthru

You know it's not funny for those of us who were relying on this temp job to pay bills,i.e. rent
I actually really liked the job and each one of the truck drivers. Learned something new every day. Had great working rhythm with our little unit.
Places are hiring everywhere across the country. You took a seasonal job that doesn't exist other than during the holidays and now you're expecting sympathy? Come on...

trickpony1

You know it's not funny for those of us who were relying on this temp job to pay bills,i.e. rent
I actually really liked the job and each one of the truck drivers. Learned something new every day. Had great working rhythm with our little unit.
If you're hot, have a degree and, maybe a minority, you were noticed.

If you smiled a lot, winked at the boss and wiggled the right stuff they might offer you a job and possibly groom you for management.

It's a gamble.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They're desperate because a lot of PVD's have quit because they cut our routes just before Christmas. We were told our jobs would be until Jan. 15th. They lied.
Read the fine print. Most likely they say, "could possibly work up to January 15".

The False Santa! Lol

False Santa- Somehow, this type thinks they can earn a whole lot of shopping money with this job. Problem is, they start in mid December. They usually had the idea of working more hours to earn the money they need.

Last edited:

Brownwind

I appreciate your desire to work. Apply for a job in the building. If you’re breathing you’re hired. They are always looking for help.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Until they asked you to work today and you said "Nope".