Just got hired

newupser94

I was recently hired as a package handler and had a few questions.

1. I just finished my first shift and while working I noticed the supervisors told 2 other package handlers that they would be driving today. I'm guessing they are some kind of cover driver? how long does it take to start doing that (one of them told me he had worked there 2 years). Once you have the seniority to do that about how often is it that you get asked to cover (smaller center if it matters).

2. I worked about 3 hours today and my pt sup told me he clocked me in. I saw where package handlers get paid every Friday and have not been paid yet (direct deposit). is that since I only made about $30 and they had to take union dues out of it.

3. How many sick/vacation days do I get and how long till I can use them?

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
1: goto intergrad
2: direct deposit takes 3ish weeks to kick in they should have a check for you next week but make sure you clock yourself in dont trust the supes
3: dont worry bout it until youve been here a year

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

1. I just finished my first shift and while working I noticed the supervisors told 2 other package handlers that they would be driving today. I'm guessing they are some kind of cover driver? how long does it take to start doing that (one of them told me he had worked there 2 years). Once you have the seniority to do that about how often is it that you get asked to cover (smaller center if it matters).

2. I worked about 3 hours today and my pt sup told me he clocked me in. I saw where package handlers get paid every Friday and have not been paid yet (direct deposit). is that since I only made about $30 and they had to take union dues out of it.

proxy-9.gif

john chesney

Just put the :censored2: in the right truck in the right spot. That’s all you need to know right now

tadpole

1. Depends, everywhere is different. Why not ask your coworkers or sups?
2. You get paid every Friday for the previous full week. So Next Friday, you will get a check for the week that just ended.
3.Sick hours begin to accrue with each hour worked. Check your pay stub to see how many you have. You will get 1 week of vacation time on your 1 year employment anniversary.

IESucks

Ask your boss. Thanks

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Always remember two things here (1) use the search feature before posting and (2) UPS monitors this site, so don't say anything that can be traced back to you. Because they will punish you.