Just Hired as High Value associate..what to expect?

brownrod

Before I was a driver I was a pt clerk and HV was one of my duties. AFAIK our center has no special AM procedures for HV. We just get an ODS message telling us we have a HV and do not DR.

In the PM I would inspect the HV packages and make sure the packaging was sufficient. Then enter the relevant info into a program. Then I would put the package in a HV bag. And then I would put the package in a trailer and make sure it was loaded properly. The trailer number was logged into the computer.
easy. We would usually have 2 or 3 HV's a day to process.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why is it a non-union job?

It has nothing to do with the movement of the package.
This is strictly for UPS internal purposes.
As far as I know, High Value or Revenue Audit clerks have never been Union but I have not been to all parts of the country.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has nothing to do with the movement of the package.
This is strictly for UPS internal purposes.
As far as I know, High Value or Revenue Audit clerks have never been Union but I have not been to all parts of the country.

Up here in the Bubble of Goodness the HV and RA clerks are union.

klolx

title says it all.

I applied for box handler, but then later decided I didn't really want the job (mainly because I'm not really in shape). The HR guy called me however and told me that he wanted me to be a High Value Associate.

He told me that it's less endless box moving, and that I'd be getting paid more than a handler. Of course I accepted.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to be doing though. I start in 2 weeks, and he told me that I basically have a cart and make sure that insured boxes go where they need to go, and that I get proper signatures.

Can anyone here chime in? Is it a harder job physically than being a handler? What about mentally? Am I going to hate my job?:happy2:

that could possibly the easiest job

Kis124

Our HV clerk is a 22.3 employee. We also have a sup doing them, but I think grievances are getting filed for it. We have a lot of HV in the morning.

rej277

I started training last week and this week, and I gotta say, the hardest part of my job with no doubt is getting the supervisors for the 4 areas to sign for the HV packages.

Geez, it's almost impossible because everytime I ask someone who looks like a supervisor to sign, they go "nope I'm not signing it" and I have to play cat and mouse to hunt down whoever is supposed to sign it. Then the person who finally does always complains about it.

Just wanted to get my feelings out. :)

title says it all.

I applied for box handler, but then later decided I didn't really want the job (mainly because I'm not really in shape). The HR guy called me however and told me that he wanted me to be a High Value Associate.

He told me that it's less endless box moving, and that I'd be getting paid more than a handler. Of course I accepted.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to be doing though. I start in 2 weeks, and he told me that I basically have a cart and make sure that insured boxes go where they need to go, and that I get proper signatures.

Can anyone here chime in? Is it a harder job physically than being a handler? What about mentally? Am I going to hate my job?:happy2:
You can expect to work with high values.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I started training last week and this week, and I gotta say, the hardest part of my job with no doubt is getting the supervisors for the 4 areas to sign for the HV packages.

Geez, it's almost impossible because everytime I ask someone who looks like a supervisor to sign, they go "nope I'm not signing it" and I have to play cat and mouse to hunt down whoever is supposed to sign it. Then the person who finally does always complains about it.

Just wanted to get my feelings out. :)

LOL ... nothing like management in a large corporation.
This attitude permeates the work flow these days.
Not bragging but my management coaches me about assuming too much authority.

This as much as anything else differentiates the new UPS from the old United parcel Service.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
LOL ... nothing like management in a large corporation.
This attitude permeates the work flow these days.
Not bragging but my management coaches me about assuming too much authority.

This as much as anything else differentiates the new UPS from the old United parcel Service.

So, Scott is running the whole show?